KA24DE Belts

Does anybody have a part number or a belt size for a KA24DE running no power steering. I don’t have my pump anymore and I still want to be able to use the clutch fan for now until I pick up an altima is there a belt that can be used or no? Thanks in advance.

-Chris

well as long as something that will be running with that belt is adjustable u can find a belt. what i would do is take the belt off and take it to a parts store and ask for a belt thats the same but smaller.

even if ur not using a clutch fan u still have to use the clutch fan pulley , as it spins the waterpump.

your ps pump should be your tensioner for that belt so you should just keep your pump on but remember to open the pump up, remove the core wheel that seats on the splined part of the pump’s shaft, and plug the 2 ports on the pump itself. oh yeah don’t forget to fill it with some fluid before you plug.

your other options are:

1. electric waterpump
  • eliminates your 3 groove belt (water + ps pumps)
  1. external electric motor + adapter bracket + short belt
  • electric motor replaces your ps pump
  • short belt connects the electric motor (where your ps pump used to be) to your water pump (no need to connect to the crank)
  1. dummy pulley + adapter bracket
  • cheap + some weight savings
  • replaces your ps pump with a pulley mounted onto the adapter bracket (easily machineable but accuracy is another question)
  1. offset alternator w/adapter bracket + 3 groove pulley + new 3 groove belt
  • convert your alternator’s pulley to a 3 groove and offset it closer to the firewall to move it to the 3 groove belt system that the water pump uses.
  • alternator will act as the tensioner for the new system (water, alt, crank)
  • some people have done this but i’m don’t recall the feedback. not sure how much it affects performance from the groove system change.

the best option i think in terms of cost and timing is to plug up your existing pump and remove the core and just run it lubed. if you really want to remove it i suggest finding something along the lines of option #1. good luck.