Single serpentine belt conversion?

I deleted power steering and a/c with my build and I went to put belts on today and I noticed that there was no way to run the water pump off the crank alone because theres no tensioner, Is there an offset alternator pully on the market to pull the pulley ahead so I can run the alternator and water pump off the same belt? Or is there any machining guys out there that would like to make me one? Thanks :slight_smile:

Is this on a KA? You can use the alt brackets from a KA24E (single cam). The belt on those runs the alt and the water pump on the same belt.

Yeah its KA24DE(T) I had read about that conversion somewhere. It also requires the coolant inlet to be swapped. Its one idea i’ll keep in mind.

you need 3 parts: sohc upper alternator bracket, sohc lower alternator bracket, sohc thermostat neck
i got them all for sale if you need, check #12 on this thread http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?231996-random-S14-parts

Will my DE alternator fit into that bracket?

alternator is the same

I’m going to fabricate an idler pully to sit where the powersteering pump used to be. I’ll post pics tomorrow if it works out, if not…who knows

Got an idler fabbed up and works like a charm, didn’t snap any pictures. But if someones interested let me know