KA24DE - converting to top feed injectors

okay so i’m doing a budget turbo build on my '90 with DE swap (yes, flame on for cheaping out) and i’m stuck on injectors to use, so far my cheapest option is looking to be SR 370cc injectors.

but then i was thinking, i can get DSM 450cc injectors for basically free from my buddy, so if i can find a fuel rail from some top feed car that has about the same injector spacing as the DE manifold then all i have to do is put in some resistors, fab up a bracket to mount the fuel rail to the manifold and then rerun the fuel feed/return lines (these aren’t a problem at all). and then i’ll have 450cc injectors for probably less than $40 all said and done.

i did a search for this and came up with nothing, so i’m assuming no one has tried this. i may just be incompetent and can’t use a search engine, so has anyone heard of this being done before? if so, what fuel rail was used?

i’m possibly heading to the wrecker tomorrow to take measurements of random cars, i’ll post up if i find something of use.

thanks.

I’ve made a custom top feed fuel rail for a nissan 200sx with a ca18et works great Ive thought of switching to top feed on my car but I got sr injectors for a good price, I could make you a fuel rail out of aluminun all CNC machined its a nice piece for about $150.
I’ll see if I can find a pic of the of the one I made

Thanks James
NCC Performance

no thanks, my whole goal in this is to spend less than the cost of SR injectors :wink:

Here, this should work:

http://www.projectnissan.com/shopping/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=3701

I don’t think any of you guys understood the question.

He wants to go to a junk yard and take a fuel rail of a car that will house his dsm injectors and line up in his ka24de rail. he does not want to have to spend any money ordering . Am I right?
I heard the 94 honda accord is about the same as a top feed fuel rail for ka , you may have to drill out the holes to make them a bit larger to accomodate the dsm injectors. I have not checked it at 100% but you can try that.

thank you, i’ll check out the accord first :).

dsm injectors fit in honda fuel rails perfectly…