ka24de engine, tranny,auto, low kms

Please fill in all the fields before creating the thread **
** NOTE: Doing a Preview will remove your SUBJECT so re-add it before posting **

Asking Price:$800 (obo)
Condition:used, but in good condition
Will Ship?:No
Contact Info: Send PM for contact details and to schedule a meet
Description:2.4L DOHC auto, comes with tranny, new timing chain, low kms 65 000, been in storage for 6 months.

i will give you 200 for the engine (dont need tranny)

if you part out i need the lower wiring harness for that tranny

Holy fuck, what a low ball.

^^^

You can’t blame the guy. Buddy wants $800 for a KA.
ROFL

KA’s aren’t ACTUALLY worth more than that lol.

Yo, i think the price is a bit to high. You can get a ca18det on ebay for 900$ not including shipping.

CA’s go cheaper here in Toronto :S not the point…

Let him sell his motor!

Ye true, good luck on the sale man.

I do have one question… Um. why is there a new timing chain an a Apparently low Km engine? Sounds odd to me…

Now that you mention that, it does sound a little odd…

$1.00 Bob!

What are you a fucking idiot? Why aren’t they worth more than $200? Because you don’t want to pay more than that. Learn supply and demand, the lower the supply higher the demand, hence higher the price. How many KA’s are you going to find that have 65000 kms on them? Now if it had 200,000 or so, yeah $200 is fine. Look around SON even and see what they go for. Always trying to save money, you fucking jew!

well please explain why it has a nwe timing chain. and how can you honestly prove to potental buyers that it really does have 65k on it? you really cant so theres no sence trying to sell the engine for a outragous price like that… I sold my 97 KA for 200 and it had 90 miles on it…

so if you could provide more history on the engine like why the t-chain was replaced on such a “low km engine” and how you can prove that it has low kms then that may be usefull to potental buyers…

timing chain went it was $1800 to repair what went on it

i’ve been messageing someone back and forth for the past week and this person said they would meet with me today to check out the engine, now, i tried to get a hold of him but no response, WTF. after today i am going to lower the price of the engine and i will through in some extra things that are very useful, such as maybe a jdm guage cluster, or jdm digital climate control, so i am lowering the price, throughing in some free stuff . and about the timing chain , shit happenes , this is something that can go whenever, i can probably prove the low k’s from looking at the odometer if someone comes to look at it, i also have papers and reciepts from when it happened and it shows how many k’s were on the engine when it happened, i have proof

i sold my 98 kouki ka and tranny with 75,000 kms for $500, and bought it for $500 originally

i think that was the right market price imo

and just because supply is low, doesnt automatically dictate that demand is high

demand can still be low when supply is low

in this case, i dont think everyone is jumping to grab a ka right now, so both demand and supply are low

lets say low supply dicates his asking price of around 800 on the curve, low demand would be say 200 on its respectable curve using the low offer made earlier

now we must move towards equilibrium - say $500 :open_mouth:

is this a complete drop in swap or will i need to use my ecu,wiring harness,
alternator,distributor,ps pump,starter,throttle body,intake manifold,sensors.
whats all included

i have only found block head intake manifold for about $750 (average) with 200000kms+
www.car-part.com
i dont need the tranny but if your including it for the same price as i can get a motor only for i would take it too
please get back to me

as of right now i am selling it as an engine and tranny . I planned on pretty much stripping it and parting out everything except engine and tranny that will stay intact unless someone wants one or the other. I have looked on other sites and my offer is not high. i was looking at engines for $700 and trannys for $800-1000 both with over 150000km. I am right now asking $700 with 650000 km and that is for just engine and tranny. I will sell it complete like it is right now, for a few more bucks, but i think i am going to part it out.

I agree, my point was simply that $800 was his asking price. Anyone who is selling an item will ask a bit more so there is room for negotiation (especially on SON). But for someone to offer 1/4 of the asking price, and others to concur with it is just stupidity. Just getting sick and tired of lowballers on SON.