KA24DE swaped into an 1989 240SX

Has anybody done this before? Are the rumors true about this being harder to swap than a SR20DET? Will I be able to use my SOHC exhaust manifold? Will I be able to use my SOHC spark wires or should I just get new ones? There will be more questions coming.

Ok my friend has a 1990 240sx with a DOHC in it, no you cannot use your manifold, no you can not use your spark plug wires either. Basicly it goes like this from what I see, you need the engine, the wiring harness, the computer and it would be REALY helpfull to have the gauge cluster, shared components are the alternator, I belive the tranny is the same as well. Its not realy all that hard to be honest.

speak for yourself, i was there every night doing it (3 nights in the snow and rain) it was a pain in the ass, i wouldnt think it would be as hard as an sr swap because you dont have to cut crap for the ic pipeing and bla bla. But you definately should have a front clip to work off, so many little things are different between the engines sometimes it becomes a pain.
with wireing and everything it is about the same as an sr swap i believe… about a 12hr job with 2 people.

Well Jesse maybe you should not have done it in the snow lol. If it was in the summer I would say it would be fine. Any engine swap is not a “easy” job.

actually, it is an easy job.

so an engine swap is an easy job, but not that one, not because it is the same car, but because of all the little dissimilarities, and especially when there is an intercooler involved but not in teh snow and rain at night because then it is a 12 hours job, but if it’s warm is okay becasue it isnt easy, but if you have 2 people it’s ok???

jesse your two posts are completely different… all is clear

bing i meant to only quote this.

me and Moe did it, hit me or him up on MSN if you like.

Alright I’ve added you. I’ll ask all my questions even though it is only really one question How do I do this? lol.

Bah, waste of time. :lol:

Don’t do it, I want to feel special, hahhaha…

Stock DOHC feels so sexy compared to a stock SOHC…

Shoot me up on MSN… Anything I can’t answer can be answered by Andrew.

question is,
Is it worth the 10 or so hp gain?
At least for all the work and money involved…

He did it cuz his KAE motor was toast.

i have a 95 ka24de swaped in my 89.it’s a hard job.not to mention you need a altonator.spark plugs,spark plug wires.maf .other then that it runs fine.

The only prob with s14 motors is you can’t run EGR for emissions. To some this may be a problem.You would have to swap the lower intake plenum for s13 one.

And always use s13 dohc ecu and harness. Trying to wire in the s14 one is a pita cause its OBD2

Andrew.