ka24dett

http://www.yellowmunsontuning.com/ka24dett.htm

just for the people that always ask the same damn question about it.
here is a link I found.

Yea, that’s a perfect example of why it’s not done on a 4 banger, look at how cramped that shit is.

guy in japan is builing a twin turbo trust td06 ca18det as we speak
its on nico

wow…any guess on compression on that thing? Enough to power someone to the moon?

wat a waste

As cool and serious as it looks, how the hell are you going to spool those turbos up nicely?

you wouldnt

running a smaller turbo to help spool the larger on might work, but two large turbos like that is too much

maybe a sequential setup? that would be a bit better, but good luck tuning for that

Thats old news. That car is actually being parted out. Look on ka-t.org

Was there a dyno graph?

Yeah Matt, I was thinking that. You probably wouldn’t be able to make boost at all. Unless you rev’ed up the engine to like 10,000+rpm. But it’s a KA, so it’d probably blow up at 7000rpm.

youre right… better than the 5000rpm an SR would blow at :smiley:

I posted it here so that it can be kept as a reference.
Just to show that it’s pretty hard to TT at inline 4.
I have met people that wants to TT their SR or KA, 1 guy was even trying to TT a KA with 2 BB t28 turbo.
If the question ever arrises again, we can just point to this link LOL

these guys dont build these cars for driveability or to get huge power #'s…its for one reason, to brag and say i have a twin turbo KA. etc etc…
Racing with TT is useless, twice the headaches, leaks, and double the chance of something fucking up…
lots of sick work there, but nothing that can justify the headaches…

Looks more like a “look what we can do” project then anything else. Nice fab work though.

At least Mark had justification in his comment, you just look like an idiot.

KA’s don’t rev to 7k

Varun is right.

people are running 700hp out of KA’s on a single turbo anyways…

^^^^ you 3 are allll right

its strictly a bragging thing

the guy in japan on nico has sasid hes doing to it to show that he can and nothing more

Heh, thats funny, cuz I revved my 240,000km 440hp stock block KA to 7000rpm daily and even 7600 rpm at the track when I miss-shifted and everything was fine and dandy. Maybe Im just the lucky one out of the thousands of people doing the same thing?

+1 here too, I did take mine to over 7000 RPM at multiple occasion. Everything was still ok.
Same as the SR, mine also did hit 8000 RPM at miltiple occasion stock

When you say track, do you mean drag strip? And did that only happen once? Twice maybe? You also know that our tachs are way off right? :slight_smile:

Mark, you think your a track star and everyone who doesn’t track their cars is an idiot? some people like building their cars for the fun of building it. whether it has all the jdm racing high end parts or not, is none of your fuckin buisness.

Fact is you rave about the track and how much you love it and how you built your car for the track and EVERYONE that drove your car (discluding myself since I am a track noob) beat your fuckin lap time without even trying that hard. FUCK even Mike beat your time, and he wasn’t locking the wheels into almost every corner like yourself.

In conclusion, stfu and die.