KA24E Thermostat

K, well Ive been having heat problems… So i flushed my rad, didnt fix it… then I flushed my heater core, didnt fix it…And i bought a new stat, and gasket. So Im going to put it in tommorow and see if its the problem. If it doesn’t fix it, im going to take out the dash and check the water control rod, this is because when i touch my heater hoses at the firewall after the car is warm, only one hose is hot…Any suggestions??? And could someone briefly tell me how to install the stat, im sure I can, but any tips or comments will be appreciated…

Thanks in advance.

I had similar problems after putting my new engine in…found out it was because the temp sensor was from a SR and it has a lower resistance value then the S14 one so it was reading HOT all the time. Maybe your coolant temp sensor is botched.

heat problem of what sort?

i’m having overheating problems too :frowning:

i’m not totally sure as to what it is, but it’s most likely either my thermostat or water pump :frowning: are water pumps expensive these days? :?

Adam, the problem is the heat coming into the car, not warm enough…
Wont be able to defrost when the snow comes…
I have a feeling its the coolant temp sensor, because i have an odd starting problem when i restart my car after driving it. They could be related… But im going to change the thermostat today, if it doesn’t work, i guess coolant temp sensor is next to be changed :evil: