NO HEAT!!!

Ive changed the thermostat and still have barely any heat, It gives enough to heat the window but in this weather Im freezing in the car.
Any suggestions.

Kill the rad.

What does that mean-rad is screwed

Nah, sorry… it was a joke… if you aren’t getting heat … break your rad … car will heat up nicely then.

Just a joke. sorry :oops:

Hahahaha.

Is your blower motor spinning fast? Can you hear it?

If you can hear it blowing then check that air is comming out the vents…

If theres air comming out and its still cold then your heater core is
prolly messed up…

Give your car AT LEAST 10min to warm up before expecting much heat.

240s do take a while to produce heat in cold weather.

If it helps at all… my Z doesn’t blow heat unless I really pound it… especially recently.

Feed it some speed and she will keep you warm.

The fan is working and heat comes out, just not enough and the heat just doesnt stay in the car. It could be the fact that the spare tire well has about 2inches of ice in it .

Do you just let it idle? Or does it not get heat even after a good solid 20 or so minutes of driving? (hard driving not pussy driving)

It takes me 30mins to get to work so by time I get there it should be at least pretty warm in the car but its barely warm compared to any other car which would be hot.

Has it only been during these cold days?

Plus do you baby it? (keep it under 3k RPM)
Or do you drive it normally.

Are u sure the motor is even hot? Maybe your thermostat is staying open.

did u notice that some settings were working, and then they slowly died out? there is a resistor under the glove box on the heater core i believe, that may need to be replaced. or your heater core might be clogged/ pooched. try the resistior, pull it out first and check for burns/ detioration, 2 screws hold it in, u can’t miss it (s14)

I think the resistor that your talking about is for the fan motor which works fine in all speeds. My temp gauge sits between 1/4 and 1/2 so the motor should be warm, also when I switch from defo to lets say vents cold air will blow out at first befor the warm air.

flush out your coolant, and make sure u get the heater core, you’d be surprised at the amount of gunk that can build up in there. double check the install of your thermostat as well, but it sounds like your heater core is a gonner. nissan switches are good, but u may wanna check those as a last resort

flush
new thermostat
new coolant

does ur fan speed up at each increment? Is it annoyingly loud at speed 4?

Do you have holes in the body that are letting all the air out?

Maybe you should de-ice the interior of your car.

I will try the flush once it gets alittle warmer, there are a couple of holes on the outside which probably go inside. I just got the car a couple of weeks ago and havent really had a chance to go over it yet. I just got home and Im trying to thaw out I think im going to throw som card board on half the rad to see if helps. The funny thing is its enough heat to keep the windows defogged.

You don’t really need heat to keep the windows from fogging. Just unrolling your window of turning on the A/C will do it too … it’s moisture, not cold that does it.

Anyway, what thermostat did you swap in? They come in different heat ranges. For the winter, you want a high number, summer a low.

If you swapped in a warm weather thermo, you’ll never get heat.

You can always try jamming a piece of carboard in front of your rad. Just keep an eye on the engine temp.

Is most of your driving on the highway? In these temperature, 100km/h will keep your coolant from ever thinking about getting warm.

But yeah, flush it, change to a winter thermo (190) and check the condition of all your rad hoses and the hoses to the heater core.

There’s not that much to a heater core, and when they go, usually they make themselves really noticeable - like by bathing your feet in boiling coolant.

Before that, you usually get a heavy coolant smell from the vents when you turn the heat on, or a slightly sticky film on the inside of your windshield.

You might be right about the thermo I dont think I looked at it or even asked what temp it was for and yeah the majority of my drive is highway.
Thanks for all the advice.
P.S the card board didnt do much at all.

haven’t read the whole thread, but the asshole who stole my radio kindly unhooked my temp. slider (blue-red) from the heatercore deep in the dash, son of a bitch. anyone consider this? Have you messed around installing a radio or anything in the dash recently? Its a long thick wire sheethed in a plastic tube thats semi-clear (opaque white in colour)