KA24ET questions

Im just waiting on my manifold and i have to figure out a couple more things first…I have a couple questions before i bring my car to the garage for the FMIC piping and misc welds…

My setup as of now is:
-Rebuilt Garrett T3
-CA18DET 370cc injectors
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-SR20 TRUST downpipe
-Megan Racing FMIC
-Megan Racing B.O.V
-S-AFC ver. 1
-Gladman Mani on the way
-Stewart Warner vac/boost air/fuel & water temp gauges

Ill be getting custom IC pipes made and intake…I am looking at buying a Blitz LM filter…

1. Is 2.5" IC pipes okay for both sides. and intake 3"

2. My turbo has coolant lines, i was told that a turbo timer will suffice if i plug the lines, is this “really” ok? if not, how do i run it…

3. Which hose on the TB is manifold pressure…
    I need it for my b.o.v and boost gauge. I assume
    BTW, i plan on putting the b.o.v on hot pipe.

4. My stock wastegate has a nipple on it for a hose i assume, where does this route too? and why is there a 2nd hole underneath it? it is missing the nipple for a hose.

5. Are the stock injectors 260cc? which would be the same for DOHC and i would set the s-afc to -27% across till i dyno/wideband tune

6. I’ve found the DIY for the oil feed line, but the return, i plan on having a bung welded onto the pan 2" from the top. what fittings are required and what size hose for this line…

7. One of my CA18 injectors has a broken pintle, ive searched the junkers and nissan dealerships and cannot find a new one, i was told it ran ok when it was pulled even though it was cracked…Does the sohc injector pintle work for this??

8. Once boosting what should the timing be at??
    i havent been able to find an answer to this on here…

Im pretty sure ive covered all the parts im struggling with…
Thanks for your help in advance… …

im hoping/expecting to be somewhere around 180whp at stock boost 5.5psi… Once i pick up my controller, PLX wideband and dyno i plan on going up to 9 psi and be around 225 whp…its not a big deal if im not, can anyone verify that this should be close??

I am in the same situation as you , meaning I am turboing the ka
please correct me if I am wrong
1 . 2.5 inch piping is fine
2 Running the turbo without collant is ok but the turbo is not gonna last as long as it should
3 You can T any vaccum line coming out of the intake manifold , just dont touch the fuel pressure vaccum line .
4 I got no clue what you refering to
5 The - 27 % thing should be ok , just dont boost till you get it tuned
6 the higher the better because you want the oil to drop in the pan without resistance from the residue oil . Good rule is to find the line 1st and then match the bung
7 I dont know , I am currently using dsm injector on my car they they fit perfect with minor mods
8 You should be ok up to 8 psi , after that you have to remove 1/2 a degree of timing per pound of boost
How I know all that , been reading from ka-t.org . The HP will depend of the motor and the boost + tune .
good luck

u don’t need to back off timing if you have proper amount of fuel.
SAFC’s suck.

Brandon talk to me on MSN.

Andrew.

1. i really suggest you cool that turbo
  2. as long as there is pressure pumping oil through turbo it wont go back, so just buy a drain bolt and weld a tap in it - my idea

there is only 1 coolent line around the TB its a 7/16 hose (around there) and all you need to do is take one side put it to the turbo and then run the other side to the turbo…

old way TB----TB new way TB— turbo—TB

they are 260 or 270’s

Waist gate has to inlets? One goes form the WG to the Turbo if it has a nipple or put it on the Charged pipe going out to the TB. The other might be for Vacume. I can’t remember ADAM will konw.

If you worry about timing get a better Fuel managment system Are son Prez is selling emanage some hate and some love.

I got my coolant from the Heater Core Lines.

Wicked, do you have msn justin??

ya jjm@hotmail.com