kenmore residents look here

ha, gotcha.

ok really - kenmore village has super strict trash disposal rules, anyone that lives in the village knows this. I have a queen mattress and boxspring i want to toss. how the hell do i get rid of these? do i have to load it up and take it to a dump myself? load it up and dump it in amherst? lol?

edit: or, since this is nyspeed, anyone want a FREE queen mattress and box spring?!?! FREE!

you can load it up and dump it at my house in the town any sunday night …

town take big garbage every week

I think I am just going to try and throw it out to the curb (pickup is tomorrow morning)… hopefully I don’t get a fine.

if they don’t take it i’ll be in touch :slight_smile:

They have taken everything I have thrown to the curb. I’m sure it won’t be a problem for them to pick up. Or even call them and ask for a special pickup.

Remember, garbage are a day later since today is a holiday.

yea… was confused why everyone’s garbage was still at the curb when i got home today. didn’t remember it was a holiday :stuck_out_tongue:

TOT got real strict this year. They won’t even take bags outside of my dumpster. Must have been a regime change at the highway department or something.

I’ll be jealous if they take it.

First off, F*** the kenton garbage system.

I just remodeled my bedroom and threw out 7-10 Husky construction bags worth of stuff. Aparently, it is now illegal to throw out individual bags of garbage that aren’t in your big black Kenton garbage can.

The only way around it is to put the stuff in clear garbage bags… I had to spend a good hour dumping everything into new clear bags on monday morning at 6am.

This makes no sense…

I also threw out a matress… the good news was the bums got to it before the garbage people did so, it wasn’t an issue.

they may have no picked it up because they didnt know that you did the bathroom yourself, generally contractors will use black husky bags, and they are supposed to take the trash to the dumps not put it to the curb. thats the only thing i can think of

Hmm, I use the big black husky bags all the time and they take mine?
Maybe because my neighbors son works for the Villiage and sometimes does the garbage pickup?

What im sayin is if there is a lot of bags they prob assume its a contractor

Yeah I’d say throw it on the curb. I’ve put used motor oil out and they took it. I just made sure I labeled it.

The only thing they never took which I put out was an empty propane cylinder. No surprise there! The garbage pickers claimed it pretty quick though!!