Kia Cadenza Thoughts

What’s the price comparison for what you posted here? ^^^ and what model?

If this car was in the 32-36k range maxed out it would be an easier sell.

That 35-41k space is filled with a lot of very nice cars with a history of quality luxury cars.

GM is doing the same shit with their Chevy SS at 44k.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Base Avalon is 30k and options to 39kish from quickly looking at their site.

40k will get you the limited, 36-38 well optioned.

^ This, combined with the notes from the review below.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-kia-cadenza-test-review

Kia considered adding all-wheel drive for snowy states but ultimately decided front drive was sufficient. The company also explored dropping the Optima’s optional turbocharged four (it makes about the same power) into the Cadenza but decided it didn’t fit the car’s relaxed vibe.

As is Kia’s habit, the electrically assisted setup is a letdown, being over-boosted and uncommunicative.

And even though the brakes feel strong and are easy to modulate, the 186-foot stop from 70 mph we recorded isn’t worth writing home about.

Kia describes the target Cadenza buyer as someone who lusts after luxury goods but can’t afford a fancy badge or doesn’t want to consume conspicuously.

To me all that boils down to it being another FWD poser that they slathered with leather and electronic toys for people who want to pretend they got a luxury sedan.

I’d much rather step down a little in size or electronic nonsense and get a 3 series BMW or Audi A4, both of which are going to be far better drivers cars.

If a FWD poser in a fancy dress is the best they can do for just below what you can buy the real deal for it doesn’t bode well for them when they eventually get a proper RWD or AWD chassis to compete with the real luxury brands.

Look: sparkling poop!

Looks nice but I’ll take the tried and true manufacturers over the Kia any day of the week. As stated, if it was less expensive it would be a nice option.

This thing is dumped… I can’t even see the front tires on it. Is that a factory photo?

Def not factory. I picked that one because of how good it looks dumped. Not everyone will agree with me though.

stock:

quite a bit less impressive

Different model years or something? Those two front ends are completely different.

I want to say 2 different trim packages at the very least.

The Cadenza does have more options available for a certain price there is no denying that. It’s hard to find a car close to 40k that has all the stuff a loaded Cadenza has. But the true test is how the car drives and feels. Get out there and test drive one. Throw it in some corners, hit some good bumps. How does it sound? Never buy a car just comparing options/prices on the internet. I remember when the Sonatas first came out I thought they looked really nice. Then I rode in one and thought the motor had a really cheap sound to it when accelerating. I wouldn’t consider one after that.

And for less than $5k more you can get an IS 350 F Sport.

My thoughts exactly.