kIMBO sLICE

treadmills don’t mean shit when there is a 260lb dude laying on your chest choking you… lol.

Thompson won that fight.
Kimbo was not protecting himself at all. Just because Thompson didn’t have the steam to knock him out, doesn’t mean that Kimbo didn’t take all those shots to the head. The ref even said they were weak and thats why he didn’t call it. I was pretty surprised. I think there should be a rematch. I think Kimbo would just knock him out. He has super heavy hands.

He should def fight that Reaper guy from the first fight too… Reaper would get knocked the fuck out.

Pulver Vs Faber… both guys did not gas out at all…

Kimbo nor thompson had the conditioning to go 3 rounds… while the featherweights were still strong at the the end of round 5…

Its called cardio.

kimbos opp. lost 7 of his last 9 matches… cbs is just trying to hype up kimbo in order to get ratings… and he still managed to almost lose…ref was probably paid extra to keep kimbo in

Is it wrong to think that I am expecting different types of fights when I watch heavy vs lightweights? When I watch a heavy weight fight I dont expect to see either guy to go all three rounds, im waiting for that one epic punch to the face and have that be it. Its the lightweights in which I expect to see all 5 rounds and conditioning to be a factor.

Yeah thats a good idea. A rookie fighter will always fair well against a guy who is the best heavyweight fighter in the world. :rx3:

At the end of the day, who ever gets the hit on the chin is the winner. Rookie or not, a fight is a fight and granted fedor is the heavyweight champ (and my fav fighter) I still don’t just hand the win over to fedor.

I don’t think so, I love watching the lighter weight classes because of their quickness and usually more technical styles

The lighter classes are usually faster and have more hits but the heavyweight classes are where you have those rediculusly powerful hits.

Kimbo has some really powerful arms and apparently a strong neck too to not be choked out for close to a minute.

They both got really fucking tired at the end but the last round of hits from kimbo fucked thompson up good.

P.S. I am not a kimbo humper, I hump fedor <3.

kimbo is a joke… which is clear. hes a fanfare event, that is all

fedor, is great, but hasnt fought any1 in how long?

i’d be suprised if he walked through his next opponent whoever that is…

Fedor is fighting Big Tim in July for what could be a great fight.

Unfortunately Fedor should win ( Fedor is NOT good for the sport ) via GnP or Kimura. He’s never knocked anyone out and has fragile hands. He can take Tim down via bodylock or hip toss and end it there.

Also, getting hit on the chin does not = collapsing. Ever hear of Mark Hunt or Yoshida? Yeah, they have solid fucking chins. Fucking Hunt took a clean crocop headkick and didn’t topple.

From pride shockwave 2005? that highkick, and any following it were not square in the chin. yes, he has a solid fucking HEAD for taking Cro Cop’s high kicks like a champ, but that’s not the same. square shots on an exhausted fighter’s chin nail the nerve and turn out the lights.

That’s why I said at that point, a lucky chin shot could’ve ended it for either fighter.

The exception doesn’t prove the rule man. There are plenty of examples of Hunt getting blasted and not toppling. It’s the only thing that made him competitive!

It’s weird, but most Polynesians have an ability to avoid getting knocked out. Penn, Cabbage, Hunt… etc.

Just for shits and giggles, one of my favorite quotes:

“Right leg hospital, left leg cemetary”