knock when cornering :(

hey lately when ever i turn left at a little faster speed around a corner i hear a slow knock coming from the back some where and thats the only time it happens… and if someone is in the back seat they can feel it knock on the floor on the driverside a little bit. please help im really nervous about what it could be.

have you even taken a look under your car? might just be a broken sway bar link, or something as simple as that.

do you have coilovers?

my rear pillowball mounts knock pretty loudly when cornering sometimes.

here is what happend to me its prolly not what yours in but…my jack fell off its mounting and was makeing a knocking noise when i turned…check that out too

no i just got lowering springs not coilovers

im gonna say sway bar endlink… but usually its the front one that makes the popping noise that you can feel through the steering

so in the end…the idea here is to get under neath the car, and pull the sway bar up and down…it will move if the endlinks gone. Pull close to each end endlink. If its not that then try moving other things…or use a hammer to hit things till they move…hammers are handy but make sure u know what ur hitting.

another thing, is check the drive shaft…U-joints can go and make a knocking. My gf’s jeep is a prime example, as all rear U-joints are gone. They have a weird system in the jeep with lots of U-joints

my downpipe swings around a bit

could it be the stupid hicas acting up?

if you have a custom exhaust it might do that. my friends S14 does it when he corners, and he has 2.5 inch piping.

knocking when cornering? that could be a bad ball joint.

I’d say as above, make sure the exhaust system is secure and isn’t rubbing against the frame somewhere. Hangers might be beaten to death/mounted incorrectly etc.

Good luck.

yep put it on jackstands and crwl under to look,

check strut topmounts as mentioned,

with the wheels off the ground see if there is any play, bearings, tie rods, ball joints,

check front TC rods (go from the front perch (upright) to below the rad…

look to see where there is metal to metal contact, it would rub off paint or undercoating… etc.

basically your info is lacking, look and see…

I’ve got the same problem. The larger piping bangs against the sway bar under hard cornering…even more so when the rubber hangers have heated up.

Really though you won’t know untill you get under your car and snoop around.

be glad it’s not an audi… the lower control arm has a balljoint, the independant wishbone uppers each have two, and theres two balljoints in the swaybar endlinks… so that’s 7 per side in the front

it could also be bad Tension Control rods… if the bushings are gone they tend to clunk and knock when you corner and its quite loud some times

k guys im pretty sure i know what it is now… my back exhaust hanger snapped in half at the track on the weekend so im thinkin thats what it could be… im hopin thats all it is, im gonna take another look today yet to double check what it is hitting on