Popping noise from wheels.

Ok I noticed this a few months ago, when i turn hard or use e-break to do a slide-turn, or drift or just a hard turn most of the time there is a popping noise from the rear wheels. I dont know if its the shocks or somthing to do with the springs or drivetrain or anything, can anyone help me out here. I have KYB AGX on there too.

might be ur boots.

I read somewhere that metallic popping noises around your wheels are in relation to a worn out strut mount, or whatever that part is called. That part at the top of the strut tower with the bolts in in and your suspension (i.e. shocks/sturts) is connected to.

Hope you find out soon.

subframe bushings are worn or loose?

if possible, i would swap in your stock rear suspension and go for a drive since its only 6 bolts, if it isn’t making the noise with stock suspension then its most likely a strut mount.

does this noise ever happen when going over bumps?

does it only happen when under acceleration in a turn?

Do you have lowering springs?

If they’re not seated properly (or were installed upside down) they’ll make a pop sound everytime they sort of end up in the right place.

i didnt even realize u wrote rear lol.
um make sure ur rear suspensio is sitting properly. but some suspension do tend to make wierd noisees when they get old

i know that if you feel that pop in the front suspension when turning hard that is it very likely your sway bar endlinks… not sure if it would be the same in the back… strut mount sounds like a good bet though

Ohhhh, I was right :smiley:

No I dont have the stock springs and yes its lower a little. could it be the KYB AGX?