Know this T-bird?

About 2 weeks ago I was heading to work up xxx Rd in Lancaster and ended up following a blueish Gray T-bird. Late 90s, Rediculously clean sporting the T-bird SVT wheels. I was just minding my business and dood gets on it. So being behind him I give chase a lil. I didn’t pull much at all and it was a bit before i gained anything. Granted he was in front of me and goosed it first but it wasn’t long before i caught on. THen we trun on the same road and he gets on it again, I follow and was ready this time. Seemed pretty even thru first and most of second. It wasn’t until the top of 2nd before i pulled him in at all, and again it wasn’t by much.

Now I know my GTO is the slooo 04 Ls1 Version and is also a fat pig, but those T-birds aren’t exactly light either. They are comprible to the difference in mass from a Mustang as my GTO is to an F-body. I am curious as to what was done to his car because it certainly wasn’t stock. I’d love to line em up to see just how quick it is when I finish my suspension.

My buddy Travis has a blueish/grey/purpleish 95 supercoupe with a built 4.2 stroker motor that runs really well.

He isn’t from around here, from rochester…

There’s someone on here with a thunderbird with a 4.6, PI heads, I think a 5mt swap, etc. Forget who though…

There are quite a few, I just sold my supercharged bullitt thunderbird.

Chance’s are the car was modified alittle.Thunderbirds are dogs in stock form.Even some of the SC’s.I have ran LS-1 GTO 's and it is pretty much even through all gears.If it was an 8 cylinder he had a PI swap or a shot of nitrous.The 3.8 SC’s when properly done can also out run alot of cars.More boost,gears,tune,Ect,ect…

Its was an LX

darn I was hoping I would run into you on the street with the SHO. S/C V8 vs turbo V6

It was probably a stock tbird.:stuck_out_tongue: