Koi Pond Project

Dont places sell plastic pool type things for making ponds?

I almost thought about getting a snakehead and throwing it in there lmao

You do pond stuff?? Ill keep the truck thing in mind thanks man!

Oh fml, I do not wanna dig this deeper than 3’ :lol

Yeah, but they dont have 21’ long ones. You can get little dinky 200G setups like that. I want something custom and different, should look pretty baller when its all done, if it ever gets there!

no truck bedliner, it works great for ponds, but mobile rig is needed.

Oh no shit, I had no clue that worked for this type of thing! I would imagine spraying 21’x11’ would be pretty pricey though lol

How about an old pool liner? Somebody’s pool around here mustve caved in over the winter and since most pools are 4’ deep you might be able to cut it and put it together to make a liner for a pond.

A guy I work with has ponds in his yard and I can ask him what he used for a liner if I remember tomorrow. He’s a pathological lying crackhead though so I dont know if he’ll really tell me the right thing.

A truck bedliner is $450+ just for a 5’-8’ pickup bed.

Dude the pond will def freeze. You are going to have to take the fish out because the freeze line goes to right about 3ft

A liner isnt that expensive, maybe $150 or so.

Idk man, behind secret there was only anywhere from 8-12" of ice this year… Whos knows tho lol

wet t-shirt contest?

Why do you think they bury pipes 3ft down? Cause thats the freeze line

looks dumpy

My parents pond is about 2 feet deep, usually half the koi make it through winter and the other half dont. 3 feet is obviously better but I wouldnt expect all the koi to make it but casualties shouldnt be too bad. Looks badass by the way, pain in the ass to upkeep though. My mom calls me every spring to come over and re-do the waterfall :lol

this :lol

No shit?! Im hoping the maint isnt TOO bad on this thing, Ill be pissed lol.

this shit looks sick dude. ill have to check it out tomroow

Mine is about 3-3.5 feet deep with koi. My koi are about 6-7 years old and about 2 feet . Havent lost any in a few years with this set up. Anywhere in that range you can have the fish winter over. I would look into getting a really good filter system . Thats where people cheap out and they always come back to the store with issues. We sell the liner from firestone, it has a 20+ warrentee on it . We carry a underliner as well that you place under the liner to help protect roots from puncturing holes.

no thats a dumpy liner, ours are 399 any length

i dont get how this will not freeze.

rarely do we see 36+ full inches of ice but it happens, we get 24+ inches at times throughout the winter, which to any of you lake riders know thats a TON of ice. I think the ponds are sweet as hell, but help an idiot out here, how the FUCK do the fish make it through the winter??? haha and if you took them out where the FUCK do you put a 2ft fish laduke???

Adam you could probably install a small heater in the bottom in case there are sub-zero temps and you think it will freeze solid.

Kimberly’s Day Spa does this. There’s doesn’t freeze over at all.