pool, small addition and a garage..

Anyone know how to build any of this stuff?

I may have found an inground pool for free…

I would like to add a small addition and a 3 car garage to the house.
Need estimates… and such.

I’ve never done any of this before… any help would be appreciated.

do you have to remove the inground pool?

as for the addition:
Id start by getting drawing together for what you want with rough sizes and ideas, then get a blue print for your house if you have one, and give all that to the guy that is drwing it for real, otherwise he has to come out and drw it up for you, then you’ll have to submit this for permit, so i’d call some contractors and get bids from the prints. OR

call a contractor and have him do all of it for you, its a much easier way.

I framed houses for 6 years so im kinda use to the operation.

someone got a raise last week and can’t wait to spend some more money

I have just been learning and researching this stuff so my info might not be 100%.

For what you want to do you have 2 main options.

1. Hire a general Contractor, this person will hire the sub contractors to get the job done. Also will deal with right people to verify all ordinances are followed as well as permits are obtained.
  2. You are the general Contractor, you do the forementioned job.

Usually the general contractor will have an architect they can worth with to get the additions designed. So I believe your first course of action is to start getting in line what you want to do, and then take bids from general contractors.

I think if you are working on your house, you will also have to bring things up to the new code. Like I saiid i am not 100% on all my info, just been learning all this stuff in the past few months

Well… if you’re worried… I can build a 1 car garage… just big enough for the Trailbus…

:finger:

i dont want mine that far from me,thanks though!:bigthumb:

Why not? You’re always here when hubby’s working anyway… don’t you want somewhere to park it?

:blue:

if u need any help pouring concrete let me know

sounds like hes been parking his “bus” in your “garage” for a while now. :rofl:

I have to agree with Whitey, he said it much better than i did.

But im really not sure on the bringing everything up to code? i think you can get away with it. Also I am pretty sure that a small addition of a % of overall Sq. Ft. needs no permit, but I would just check with local burogh on all that stuff.

The General is the easiest but more expensive route, you only need to pay Him, he pays all the other drunks, sorry I mean workers so you have less head aches, I’d use refferances and check on past jobs, BBB, all that so you dont get scammed Good luck, remodleing is very exciting!!!

I was thinking of doing one thing at a time and today I’m thinking… F-it… just git 'r done… do it all at once. It’s all on the same side of the house… which happens to be away from the entrance… I’ll just get one big loan and be done with it…
I’m not sure about the contractor though… I was hoping we could do most of the work our selves… My brother-in-law knows concrete and block… Between his family and mine… we have plenty of hammer swingers…but we need at least one person with construction knowledge to tell us where to hammer.
Ever heard of anything like that?

Thanks… I’ll let you know…

Maybe we should host a Pittspeed… garage builders party/cookout/ whatever.

beer/steak-shish-kabobs/music > cash

hmmmmmmmmm… maybe were on to something here

:bigthumb: :beer:

i know where to park it!:naughty:

pm 1st-try,he needs some done

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

in the rear???

in the one car garage

the dark one? :rofl: