kramerbuccs24's Altima SER

wtf who cares? its the funniest forum in the world. i only have 8 posts a day its not that much haha. why dont you have a build thread again?

UPDATE 9/26/08:
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve updated this and I’m bored, so here goes.

That Wed July 9th was shitty, couldn’t hook up and bested a 14.6 @ 98, if I remember correctly. My best times are still from my first time ever at the track and are in my sig.

I’ve sold the intake, VIAS block plate and Nismo caps since then.

Anyways, since becoming addicted to Auto X over the summer, I’ve dropped all plans of making the car any faster in a straight line. An official list of what is currently done to the car

Removed intake silencers, still sounds pretty good
Eibach Sportlines in front
Nismo springs/shocks in the rear
Racingline front strut tower bar
Racingline motor mount inserts
Racingline adjustable rear swaybar endlinks (car comes with Nismo sways stock so no reason to touch those)
Axxtion short shifter
38% tint

The only modifications I’m going to do to the car before I call her a finished project are:

This fall:
Custom catback. Cattman piping with 2 Borla Turbo mufflers, will run me about $800, will be done early/mid November at the latest. ~5whp gain, I’m doing it for the sound though ;D

This winter:
Putting some cheap, POS all-seasons on the OEM wheels to have on 99% of the time, then getting a track/auto X only set of wheels/tires. I’m undecided on wheels, but they need to be this exact size to keep me in the STX class for Auto X: 17 x 8, 5 x 114.3 pattern,+35 offset. Rota G-Forces fit the bill, but I’m still looking around. I’ll probably get Dunlop SP Sport MAXX’s for these, what I have on the car now, I freaking love these tires.

Next spring:
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines and some high performance new brake fluid

That’s about it, I planned on upgrading the soundsystem, I had a JL Audio 8w7 in a box and an Infinity REF7501A in my garage but just got rid of them, it’s just not worth it. I’m just doing the above stuff and should be pretty competitive in STX and I’m fine with that. All the money I make after the brake upgrades will go into paying her off, then the week I do I’l be selling her, most likely for an 07 350Z. KBB rates my car at $18,900 and an 07 Z at $20,700, so after parting out my car and my track wheel set I’ll be a few hundred bucks off the value of a Z. My SER is also the only CPO’d one on Nissanclub.com that I know of, no one at my dad’s dealership has heard of another one in the area, either.

Anyways, there she is, and I guess I’ll throw in pics of the piping and mufflers:

^2.5" piping before the split and 2.25" after. I believe that’s a Magnaflow resonator, too. Everything is stainless steel.

http://www.autocarparts.com/images/Borla/borla_turbo_xl.jpg
^I’ll put autozone 4" tips on there, that’s the size on the car now. I also plan on painting the mufflers black. I’m a fan of the “sleeper” look, not that my car’s fast :lol

she’s coming along nicely… i cant wait to hear this exhaust in person the ser’s sound nice!

Kramer Butts,

I approve :thumb

Do not buy G Forces. I’m selling my BBS’s this winter and getting a hellaflush set up. Maybe G Forces in gold. I don’t know yet. :nana

why not ride around on your nice wheels and auto-x on your stock wheels?

Caus my stock wheels ARE my nice wheels ;D

And Chuck, I’ve been wanting G Forces for like a month now, so you can find your own wheel :lol

Thanks for the compliments

yall are bitches you know whats coming.

Do NOT get the SP Sport Maxx’s. They suck the balls. I have them on my car right now, and they’re loud as fuck at autocrosses, and really don’t grip too well. I’d save your $$ and get something better.

-Cossey

I’ve got 245/45/18 SP Sport MAXX’s on my OEM wheels right now and I’ve got no complaints. I’ll be open to any suggestions and I’ll probably start a thread about high-performance street legal tires in the spring but for now I’m more concerned about finding wheels right now in my specific size.

When you say “loud” do you mean the squeal like a little bitch when they break free? Mine do that too but it actually almost helpful, let’s you know when to back off. I don’t know too much about how grippy they are compared to other tires since they’re my first high-performance tire but they’re not blatantly lacking in the grip department from what I can tell. I got them for a great deal, too, a little over $500 for all four.

Oh, I’ll be ordering the mufflers in about 3 weeks and I’m organizing a group buy on Nissanclub.com for the piping so that could easily be till the end of November.

i thought you grandparents bought you the tires?

They gave me an early birthday present that happened to be the exact amount of the tires ;D

:rofl

:lol touche

that borla xr-1 muffler is what i have on my vr6 :giggedy

thats not a xr-1 borla the xr is a bullet muffler thats one of there universal mufflers :idiots

UPDATE 10/1/08:

Got new all seasons on the stock wheels for everyday driving… all 4 seasons ;D

225/45/18 Goodyear Eagle F1’s, the one with the carbon fiber sidewall or whatever, just so I can keep my mAd JDM bling going on in the winter too :lol

They’re a thinner tire than the Dunlops I had on it and I like the low-pro look already.

Pics tomorrow or Friday, depending on if I get out of work when it’s still light out or not ::slight_smile:

no… they have XR-1 sportsmans, and XR1 racing “bullets”, and XR-1 multi core
and so on… “XR-1” is the name on all their products
http://borla.com/products/xr-1_racing_exhaust.aspx

oh sorry great one ;D they must be relativly new cause when i got em thats all they had was the bullets

when i got my First borla exhaust about 5 years ago the muffler box said XR-1 on it. its a 2.5 in/out centered muffler… same goes with the borla i have on my car now