Krav Maga - anyone?

Opinions or experiences? I attended an “advanced” class for a bit when I was visiting my relatives in Atlanta a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Since summer has officially started for me, I figure I’d jump back on
and learn much more.

Who does it? Who’s experienced in other forms of martial arts and could recommend something similar/better (Ju Jitsu, etc.)?

(For anyone who’s wondering “WTF” right now:
Krav Maga is Israeli Tactical Fighting, taught to special forces of many countries. It is a mixed martial art, stressing fighting under worst-case circumstances i.e. against several opponents, when protecting someone else, with one arm unusable, when dizzy, or against armed opponents).

They do it in the same plaza that I work in, in Clarence. Seems pretty cool from what I hear about it.

Krav is a “hit first, ask questions later” form. It involves lots of weapon defense, disarms, Joint locking. Its pretty fun. Japanese Ju Jitsu is cool too, but most schools around here teach Brazillian Ju Jitsu which mostly involves rolling. If you like ground fighting i would look into it. Im fluent in Arnis, Muai Thai, Krav Maga, Isshin Ryu, and i’ve dabbled in a few forms of Kung Fu so maybe i can help point you in the right direction? What are you mostly looking for?

I’m not interested in the whole Karate long road to perfection/spiritual thing. I tried Krav Maga and really liked that style. I want something practical and useful because frankly, what I’ve learned has helped me already.

Where did you take Krav Maga?

My Dad taught me for about 5 years. Hes a Trooper and an instructor at the Police Academy. I got hook ups. :slight_smile:

Krav is awesome if you dont care for the discipline/perfection thing. Almost every Martial Art is based on the perfection of ones self. If you went to learn Kempo and they just taught you how to fight i would question what you’re learning. Krav is different because its only about 15 years old. And Krav also has no “real” ranking. There are no Katas (Formal Excercises) in Krav. Its a raw gritty style and that makes it kinda fun, and if you get good at joint locks it can be VERY brutal. Any more questions just shoot me a PM. :slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting to learn Krav Maga for quite a while. Especially when I go for a bike ride and end up in a neighborhood full of thuggish look punks.

IN

??

as to, and not disimilar with “ditto” -or- “.” -or even- “Yes, I’d like to learn Krav as well good fellow”.

BTW - stang looks good. caught a glimpse leaving the dent meet.

I finished the first level of Krav, but the travel distance was too much so I havent continued with it. Its pretty awesome, and the guys over there are cool.

Ah I see, very good.

And thanks. Its now dent free.

Did you go to Trainer’s Edge? Does anyone have anything to say about Trainer’s Edge and their staff?