Kurts 95 Talon

sounds bad ass kurt cant wait to se what kinda 1/4 mile time you get out of her

I got paid a visit this evening. DSM reliability can’t be to bad :bigthumb:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i193/habib88/talon.jpg

fixed:kekegay:

sounds/looks mean :bigthumb:

I guess any/all violations are not to be mentioned on here?

saw 20psi tonight, just thought i’d share.

was it quick?

when it didnt’ misfire yeah. I have a huge leak at the TB, the fix for it just came in the mail today woothooo

u break in the motor already? i thought u were gonna run a t25 first?

20+ psi is the way to properly break in a motor. :slight_smile:

I swapped in a new set of plugs and got 4 full pulls on them then putted about 10miles went wot again and it sputttered. def needs tuned and that leak fixed

how did them 4 pulls feel tho ?

Race gas always helped me run more boost. On pump gas I could tune for 26psi but plugs would blow out at 6000rpm’s every time. I had to back it off to 22psi for the street. On race gas when I got more precise with my tuning I could take it to 32psi. I would run 12.6 to 1 AFR’s though. The leaner I went the better she sounded on the top end. Then I got a little cocky and went for 34 psi at PRP for the second import race when I didn’t really need to against a SRT4 neon and lost the plugs, motor cleared out and short shifed shy of 6000rpm’s to keep them from blowing out again and lost by .1 sec.

I’ve ran mid 40 psi boost by accident to 5000rpm’s with no misfires (pump gas forgot to hook MBC back up after boost leak test). My misfires always happened at higher rpm’s. Where are yours happening?

Also make sure you have good battery voltage under boost. Big fuel pumps and other electrical stresses under boost rely heavilly on a good battery and alternator system. Your coil packs will draw 10-15 amps under high rpm boost so you need to design for 30A miniumum meaning 10 AWG wire and its own relay power and chassis ground wires.

My misfires are happening at anything over 1/2 throttle, it’ll pull hard as hell at 1/2 throttle soon as i go full it studders bad, but it doesn’t do it on new plugs. also i know i’m running rich i’ve gone through 10 gallons in 3 days driving easy (because of the studder) only about 50 miles.

I’m hoping the gauge is wrong (it’s been giving me grief) but if it’s right my base fuel pressure is now 80psi which might explain things, but when i set it before it started acting weird it was a 43. I need another gauge to verify.

i’ve never seen plugs so damn black.

What are the plugs gapped to?

When I was running ~29PSI on pump, I had to close the gap down from .030 to .025. It was missing from about 6500-8000. After I closed the gap, it pulled smooth as silk.

80psi of base fuel pressure isn’t helping though, either :smiley:

when i originally set it it was 43, so either it was wrong before or it’s wrong now it didnt’ change. my plugs are gapped at .024 right now gapping has nothing to do with it as if you actually saw the plugs when i pulled them out after 20 miles you’d be like “yeah, that’s rich”

Congrats looks/sounds good.
Any Logs?

I pulled a couple during breakin but didnt’ save them, basically it just said “you’re running rich”

16 degrees advance at 8k (low because my base is low too)
0 knock during the pull

Maybe I missed something here… but you’re running pig-rich and making 8k RPM pulls on boost? I thought you haven’t even broken this motor in yet? I guess all of the cylinder wash-down from being so rich will speed up the rings seating… haha… :tounge: :kekegay:

-TJ

Yeah i guess to did miss the part where i broke the motor in. rings seat immediatly on startup.

You can break a motor in pig rich. Case in point my stock evo.