Kurts 95 Talon

thanks man. we just ran an unofficial 1/4 without a launch and I shut the car down at 143 it threw the alt belt. no big deal since it was the belt that wentwith the pulley I threw too haha.

Ok, here is the official results picture.

Keep in mind a few things I mentioned above, also we had 0 knock counts during any of the pulls and this wsa 36psi, there’s a lot more in it.

Now for the bad:

Apparently my crank pulley bolts loosened up on the dyno, we took it down the street, made 1 pull and my $300 fluidampr is now a paperweight. I’m glad that’s all that happened and it’s certainly replaceable but I’d like to thank the guys that were there for helping me out and getting me a new stocker so quickly.

I need to go over the car this weekend and button a few things up, this turbo is REALLY laggy so next time up we’re going to work on getting the spray set up.

hope to see it runnin down the track on weds

It’s probably not going to run what I’m hoping it will, the turbo is very laggy and i’m out of power most of 1st and 2nd… It’ll prob trap high/high et as well.

We’ll see what happens tho.

I’ll make the girlfriend get video

Got any pics of the timing belt carnage?

the explosive launch you did when I was sitting in your car was awesome!!!
I have another gear if you want it, but Not another t/b cover.
The car was re-bonklously fast, nothing like my 13.000 talon…

do you need new cam gears…i have like 40000 sets.

Sorry to hear.

Why would I need new cam gears? I also don’t run stockers.

My bad, I read gear somewhere up there in posts and assumed you needed cam gears.

What all happened? Its safe to say that timing belt doesnt look healthy.

The crank pulley ripped out on the dyno, we thought from what we could see that it was ok just loosened up. Turns out it actually broke the bolts completley out of the crank timing gear and created shards we couldn’t see. Eventually one worked loose and skinned my timing belt.

well thats where that 7.3 hp went…

Just keeping this thread updated. Trying to do a little cleanup

needs wire tuck

needs more timing belt

You can really only see 4 wires, the main battery cable off the alternator and the mess of wires I haven’t done anything with yet off the ignition system.

instead of a wire tuck, maybe I could actually wire things up instead? :stick:

should have seen it before I cleaned it up.

Lookin’ good Kurt! … Now I’m waiting on you again!!! …

See how that works?