KW variant II's Opinions...

The placing of adjustment screws and dials is totally different depending on the application and that goes for all brands of coilovers. On some cars it’s just hard to make all of the adjustments accessible. For instance, KW’s are very easily adjusted on a Subaru but it’s a pain on VW/Audi as was mentioned. I’ve been in a VW with them and I was extremely impressed with the ride and handling. KW is also known as the king of anti-rust. I sell a good number of these and I haven’t had a complaint yet.

A few locals have used D2 Racing coilovers and love them. Perhaps Rick will chime in if he notices this thread.

I’ve been in a few cars with Teins and for the money I’d go with a good set of springs and Koni Yellows instead. I still sell Teins and some people are happy with them, but none of those people had experience with any other coilover or a proper upgraded spring and strut package.

If you really want more than that save up for something higher end like DMS, Ohlins, Proflex, etc. However, do NOT get coilovers unless you really know what you’re getting into and you’re prepared to put all the time and money into getting them dialed in, and adjusting them for different conditions. If you think you’re going to bolt coilovers up and you’ll have a race car on your hands you’re sorely mistaken.

Currently I have DMS 50’s on one of my cars and they’re great for the money. They’re sold in a few variations. Mine are set up for rally so they can take massive hits, but even my wife doesn’t mind the ride. Of course if I had the money I’d get Ohlins or Penskes etc., but doesn’t it always come down to money? :slight_smile:

-Mike