gauging interest: GB: KW coilovers.

Hey guys,
I’m setting up a group buy for the new KW coilovers releasing this year for the 240sx. I’ve recently been selling KW suspension at PI and they make fantastic coilovers.
I need to see how many people would be interested before I can find exact pricing, but the more people down the better the cost.
For those of you who arent familiar with KW, they are Europe’s best suspension manufacturer. Their exposure in North America has been relatively low as they’ve traditionally made parts for European market cars (GT would know all about them) but since recently purchasing Suspension Techniques (now ST Suspension) they are making their presence felt on this side of the ocean. I have their springs installed on my GS300 and I can personally vouch for ze German quality yahh.

KW makes three levels of coilovers, and only one for the 240. The top level “variant 3”… All their coilovers are stainless steel with a limited lifetime warranty that I will indeed honor. This group buy is also open to any other coilover KW makes, not just the 240sx. Check their site for applications

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/index.php

(from their site)
Spring rates for the 240sx model (lbs/inch or Progressive Spring): Front=340 / Rear=230
Part No: 35285004

Variant 3 race technology for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping

The new Variant 3 is state-of-the-art technology for the skilled and experienced driver. The separate and independent compression and rebound damping options allow a truly individual driving set-up. These unique systems with the 3 individually adjustable components, allows for adjustment of the compression of the damper in the low-speed range, while the highspeed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been preset by our engineers

• Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping
• inox-line stainless steel technology at no extra charge (will never rust like D2’s, Megans, Teins, etc.)
• Individual height adjustment
• German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
• High-quality components for long life
• Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
• Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
• 14- level adjustable compression damping
• Unique, independently functioning damping power adjustment

Please let me know whos interested and I’ll get back to you with pricing.

Thanks

1. spilner

this company makes high end, quality stuff. may be too rich for me but would
like to here pricing all the same.

1. spilner
  2. tosh(s13)

The spring rates seem very sane for street use! Do they make these for S14? Judging by the website it looks like they’ve only got them for S13.

they only seem to be making them for the S13 right now but I’ll talk to their rep and see if they have anything in the works. To my knowledge the only difference is that the S13 has a shorter rear damper and the front spindles have the holes in different places but can be re-drilled to fit the S14

This is prime stuff, be sure to check their website out guys.

Curious on price as well

1. spilner
  2. tosh(s13)
  3. R_T

Ya it would be nice to hear about S14 coils :slight_smile:

they’re only doing them for S13’s at this point, sorry S14 guys.

interested =)

1. spilner
  2. tosh(s13)
  3. R_T
  4. Mungrin

I’m in price depending of course

1. spilner
  2. tosh(s13)
  3. R_T
  4. Mungrin
  5. big_boi

I’m with big boi… price pending