Labor Rates Question

I was wondering if there is anything on the web or a book I could buy that tells what the labor “hours” are on various vehicles.
It would be greatly appretiated if someone could get back at me.
TIA!

Call the dealership. Usually the labor is dealer or shop specific not car specific.

Or are you looking for info like “10 hours for a clutch replacement install, etc.”

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:2,topic:25617"”]

Call the dealership. Usually the labor is dealer or shop specific not car specific.

Or are you looking for info like “10 hours for a clutch replacement install, etc.”

[/quote]

it is car specific hense why a intake gasket on a montana with a 3,4 takes 11 hours and a intake gasket on a 3.4 grand am takes 6 or 8

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:2,topic:25617"”]

Call the dealership. Usually the labor is dealer or shop specific not car specific…

[/quote]

100% the opposite. It is car specific and every shop has to follow that rate.

its app specific.

I dunno of any FREE site on the web. If you just want to know what book rate is on something, call any shop and ask them. They’ll almost always tell you, cause its part of a quote for a job.

Assuming its not a standard rate job like an oil change.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:4,topic:25617"”]

100% the opposite. It is car specific and every shop has to follow that rate.

[/quote]

How so? I know shops back home that charge 40/hr and do regular stuff like HG, etc. Same crap dealerships charge 70 or 80/hr for?

Or are you just referring to what the “labor time by book is”

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:6,topic:25617"”]

How so? I know shops back home that charge 40/hr and do regular stuff like HG, etc. Same crap dealerships charge 70 or 80/hr for?

Or are you just referring to what the “labor time by book is”

[/quote]

every shop has to follow the rated time quote, not necessarily the $$ labor rate.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:7,topic:25617"”]

every shop has to follow the rated time quote, not necessarily the $$ labor rate.

[/quote]

Ok that’s where I got confused as to what he was looking for.

Arrgh! No arguing! lol.

Thanks for the input. I kinda figured there wasnt a “free” book or whatever. I’d just like to get a idea for the people I help out fixing their cars. I’d just like to tell em how much I saved them. :wink:

Currently replacing a power steering pump on a '99 Ford Tore-ass 3.0 aaand as I dig deeper I see that the p.s. fluid is leaking into the pass. side rack boot = seal shot. Also notice that the “rot” coolant hard tubes near the firewall are rotted and one is leaking. God bless people that run their cars into the fuggin ground and expect u to wave ur hand and have it all fixed.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:9,topic:25617"”]

Arrgh! No arguing! lol.

Thanks for the input. I kinda figured there wasnt a “free” book or whatever. I’d just like to get a idea for the people I help out fixing their cars. I’d just like to tell em how much I saved them. :wink:

[/quote]

I generally call up my the shop that I’ve worked with for the last 9 years and ask him the book time.

Average hourly $$ rate is anywhere from $65 - $90 depending on where You go.

You could tell people its a 5 hour job, and you’ll charge them $25/hr. :gotme: :slight_smile:

[quote=“13005TEDGP”"]

I was wondering if there is anything on the web or a book I could buy that tells what the labor “hours” are on various vehicles.
It would be greatly appretiated if someone could get back at me.
TIA!

[/quote]

check out mitchell or alldata for windows(i assume that is your operating system0 its great. it has every repair/labor rate/instructions for almost every car ever. def. a handy tool

Labor time guides set the amount of time one can charge. Legally you can charge whatever you want but it is fair and ethical to follow a suggested labor timre guide.

It is specific to each car and each job. You multiply the number given by your labor rate and that is what you charge.

most online serive sites like mitchell and alldata have labor time guides built in.