Lamin-X Films

I have used the 40mil. You’re still :retardclap

Why did you go with 40mil instead of 20mil?

As I said before… I know what your talking about and I’ve seen it in person.

Impact Resistant = No impact proof

Its not going to change the amount of force thats excreted on the fog light glass from something hitting it at a high rate of speed

Ilya, do you have some macros of the lenses? I was looking at the shots you posted and they dont look like they have an impact site. usually when fogs crack from a rock, theres a semi circular spot where the rock hit and it spider webs from that. i dont know if you saw Benny’s headlight when his was hit by a rock, but the point of impact actually had a small funnel shaped piece of glass missing. it was a small pinhole on the outside and it widened out as it went towards the inside and literally looked like a little funnel.

To protect expensive glass lenses in another car I had.

Did it fend off rocks like luke skywalker and a lightsaber?

Alright, alright, you hyenas.
I think you’ve made your point.
Move along, leave the guy alone.

Yes actually, it was better than a brush guard. I actually rear ended a bus full of nuns at 80mph and there was NO damage to my car.

HAHA:rofl

Don’t worry about it. Sure it’s annoying as hell to listen to these d-bags sometimes (and not just in this thread - they do this shit in countless threads per day), but at the end of the day it doesn’t bother me one bit.

Fact of the matter is, their film cracked my lense due to some mysterious ‘thermal shock’. I have no chips in my lenses as Votblin said in his last post, so it probably wasn’t a rock now that I think about it and after speaking with Lamin-X. Had I not installed these films, my lenses would have most likely lasted many more months before a rock big enough was able to destroy them. The first set of fogs I got (from the factory) were fine from 99-07. Second set lasted from 07 to end of 08. This set, after installing the film, lasted ~2 weeks. Not to mention another guy with a 5th Gen Maxima (00-03) had the same issue as me with his fog lights (his headlights didn’t have a thermal shock issue). Makes me wonder. Perhaps the film isn’t porous enough for the fog lights to dissipate the heat and that’s why there is a ‘thermal shock’ issue? I haven’t touched them when they are on with the film so I don’t know how hot they get. I did accidentally touch my fog lights like 2 years ago when installing the cover over the screw and burned myself.

So, essentially, you may have fucked yourself by going with the thicker film, which lead to the complete opposite of the desired effect, and may have lead to your fog light’s demise instead of providing superior protection? :ponder

Fuck your life, huh?

What absorbs water? The Lamin-x? No it doesn’t, you apply it like you apply any other vinyl, assclown.

Spray lightly soapy water on the surface you’re applying it to to aid in getting it positioned, then squeegee out the water :retardclap

Oh man I’m going to have to invest in several yards of this stuff!

Apparently it does! :rofl

Mr. Clark are you implying that had I used 40ml Lamin-X on my Depo knock-off ellipsoids, my car would have merely imploded that guard rail, leaving me to drive away unharmed?

Step 7 of their instructions:

“If all moisture has not been evacuated/squeegeed out from under film then some fogginess of the film will occur. This is completely normal. The film is breathable and porous…[continued]…the film is self-annealing, so that hole will eventually heal up.”

If it’s breathable and porous, would you not think that water MAY find it’s way in? Even if it didn’t, I think the issue is that it’s not porous enough, causing an issue with heat dissipation. Head lights don’t get anywhere near as hot as fog lights.

I am implying that you would’ve blasted through the guardrail and the car would’ve dived beneath the earth like the monsters from ‘Tremors.’ You would’ve traveled home in mole-like fashion with nary a scratch on your Mary Kay Escalade pearlescent paint.

Trust me. I don’t lose sleep over what you people say on here. Don’t you worry :).

Seems like quite the deal, what’s the catch here?

I’m guessing my fog light lenses would crack at the very least?!