Lancaster Last night...

eh… car wasn’t feeling too bad so I decided to head up to the track.

I couldn’t let it cool down too much, cause I showed up late, so this is how it went.

.6**

Or something like that. After the clutch didn’t come up from the floor from 2nd -> 3rd… I knew it wasn’t going to be a good run. So I cut the best 60’ I have ever done and then the clutch goes and takes a break. WTF.
If I get the AVCR figured out I think I have mid 8s in it. I’m only seeing 15psi for like 10 feet, it sucks.
Twisted feel free to post vids.

:tup: Nice 60FT!

Thanks… that could be better too, I was actually gettin a little sideways when I cut that… so I’m hoping I can see 1.7s

Felt pretty good out of the hole… but when I started heading for 2nd… and the clutch was still in the carpet… I was sure it was going to be a horrible pass.

:tup: on 60’

X…

nice 60’, sux about the clutch. Is it toast?

On the ride home, after a couple hours of cool down, it felt fine. I dnd’t want to press my luck and launch on the street to make sure, but I did some pulls in 2nd and 3rd and it felt fine. Not the first time it has happened, but it sucks when I can’t rely on it to be there.

1.86 is pretty good for lancaster.

Nice 60’ time.
What rpm are you launching at?

Might be time to step up to a clutch that holds better and won’t heat so much for when you want to launch hard.

its a SPEC STG II… it was put in in June… so I shouldn’t have issues with it. Probably 50 launches on it, after proper break in procedures. With the mods I have I probably have close to 400@ the crank… and a 4000lb car… with all 4 tires screaming for mercy, I don’t think the Stage II was enough. But, I don’t mind it for normal street use.

The Spec stage III would definately be an improvement for the track, but I don’t know about regular street driving. I’ve heard they are a little too hard if you are in stop and go.
The clutch in my car is pretty brutal. I’ve been in traffic jams on the Thruway where my leg was shaking by the time I was in free flowing traffic.

:tup:

Yeah, I got pretty beefy legs, but stop and go will kill anyone. Unfortunately I get stuck in it every day… so I dunno what I wanna do yet.

BTW - I launched around 5500. forgot to add that originally.

and :tup: to every one else who ran last night

except me … my car missfired all the way down the track

JACK:
get the ACT 6-puck springless hub, clutch kicks ass

im runnin it with a fidanza lightweightflywheel, and its tough to drive on the street but it aint tooooo bad

I didnt do so well. first time out there this summer.
after the first run my friggin battery connector came off so my ecu was learning itself w/ the safc settings.
traction also owned me
my best was
9.459 @ 77.39 with a 2.33 60ft
my dad also went out there with the 442 for the first time
7.808 @ 88.91 with a 1.568 60ft

:tup: nice times guys
come on jack, i wanna see 1.7s :stuck_out_tongue: If i can do it with my rwd slip n slide cobra, you can do it with your awd shaggin wagon :smiley:

yeah come on jack us rwd guys are pulling better 60’s and i was on street tires 1.67 bitch. suprisingly it was better then my old gsx which was 1.72 dropping at 6700 and on h rated tires. i demand better launches out of you

make your cars 4000lbs, take away 2 cylinders, and then only let the clutch out half way.

Bet I get outta the hole better than both of you on the street… which is where it matters. :wink:

yeah launch pull a car then shut down :biglaugh: