LarrySHOT's Boosted Ls Integra

i wouldnt mind buying it and i probably will i just dont have the cash flow right this second im broke till around christmas

and ill get my dad to weld me up a down pipe instead of spending another 150 on 1

yeah, downpipes are hard to just go out and buy a proper fitting one unless you had some stock turbo setup that someone could make a jig for. All different kinds of manifolds and turbos create alot of different spacing issues.

Yea the biggest problem with this turbo is has a 4" vband on it from ATP just the flange and clamp its like $50. and then to get a reducer from 4" to 3" is another $20. then a stainless J bend is $25

If you wanted to stick with 4" then it could get expensive with the parts. 4" is not very cheap.

Just the parts alone put you at almost $100. unless you can have misc scrap peices…

To use a v-band instead of that stupid 5 bolt or 4 bolt is well worth $50 to me. I have yet to see and “easy” 4 bolt or 5 bolt flange to install or remove.

well i’ll let you know if im gonna buy it for sure cause i been talking to jay and also alot of honda-tech guys and they said a 60-1 would be great for my setup… and idk if i want to run a 4inch down pipe

4 inch downpipes make power!!!

I personally dont care if you check it or not. I was just letting you know that now would be the time to do such a thing. If you dont your an idiot. Think of it this way. Your already spending a good amount of money on this set up with one thing in mind. “Going Faster” By skipping this simple quick step not only will you loose power from loosing compression but you will be spending more money to fix it later. If you dont have the money to do it correctly now what makes you think you will have the money to fix it later.

are you looking for more top end power or more streetability? 4" DP’s only show improvements in higher boost levels

I ran a turbonetics 60-1 for years. I rebuilt it once after daily driving it at 10psi for about 6 months.

Then it really blew up agian once i started pushing 30psi.

It was a pretty cool setup. Don’t expect full boost untill about 6000RPM. It went pretty good.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/JoeF.bmp

There is was at 30PSI. Granted It was never going to last at that boost level but i dident care.

It would make a solid 470whp on a “decent” flowing motor. I wouldent push it to much past 20psi and with a ls head I wouldent even expect to see 400whp. I would recomend a good wastegate with whatever turbo you get. If you get the holeset you could even rock the internal gate. Here is my girl friends turbo setup with some old DSM acuator on the internal gate.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/he351.bmp

this is the thing i dont get…everyone keeps saying that a ls motor will never make 400+ but there is a kid on honda tech that i talk to makin over 400 hp on a built ls motor? and the cars going to be more of a street car not a full blow rip all my interior out drag car…no offence joe…i love your car…but thats not what im looking for…

No one said you had to take all your shit out? haha I am trying to guide you with your setup not get you to build a drag beast?

You can make 400+. your going to need some parts to do it.

a Good turbo. (not ebay junk)
3 bar map
it would be best if you got some cams,springs,retainers.

LS motors hit a wall at about 350 with the stock cams for some reason. On my Borg warner 366 on the stock ls was 366whp at 18psi. on a large turbo. Granted it was really fast at 366 but it wasent 400hp.

Dont believe the “internet dyno hype”. One dyno number to the next does not mean to much.

Larry, why dont you run joes holset, and block off you wastegate provisions on the manifold and use holsets internal gate to save you some money. You can always weld the flapper shut and buy an external gate later.

i already have a tial 38 mm gate and my names shawn…mater just made my name larryshot cause my dads names larry and yeah you can figure out the rest…and i am buying joes holset in about a week or 2

all i need to finish my set up is stop being lazy and order my stuff for my short block so i can get it balanced a new clutch disk,a bov,new ic pipes,intake mani,and a good ic…my cams and everything are here for my head i got 1000cc injectors i have a 3 bar map…i have a cast log mani.i have my fpr…ill have my turbo in like 2 weeks…just need to or my short block stuff a new clutch tial bov ic pipes and a new ic and my intake mani and im done build it drop it in break it on with the tune im on now then…then off tune get rtuned

Larry you sound like a douche. All these people that have replied in this thread have years of honda experience and know their shit. Fuck, joe and steve have there own freaking dynos. Come on. Every thread you ask for guidance and then complain about it when people tell you something you don’t want to hear. Who cares about hondatech, I can go on there and tell everybody I put a turbo nsx motor in a 84 prelude and it makes 2342342hp that doesn’t mean it really happened. There is proven research and development that has gone on with all these guys on here.

Fuck what do I care, forget all that shit and go blow up your car!

^^^thats cool…am i to be offended cause im not…and the kid i talk to…also show me the video of the dyno and everything…its a 612 hp 4 door civic…so instead of running your mouth…how bout you just shut the fuck up…im not complaining 1 bit…i think the only thing i said that was a complaint is that i didnt wanna change my downpipe if i didnt have too…so keep your cocky mouth coments to your self…

lol. Well shaun, I am sorry for calling you Larry, I am sorry I have not kept a good enough track of pittspeed happenings. Stinkbox is correct though, we are only trying to help.

I can understand your want to not change your downpipe. The holset is a cheap way to get what you want. I was unaware of the parts you currently have and what turbo they were constructed to fit.

If you do option to go with a 4 or 5 bolt discharge, ( the guys up hybrid get credit for this) You can take a grinder or cutting wheel and slot the bottom of the bolt holes on the downpipe flange. This will let you slide the flange onto the bolts so you only have to turn them very little before they tighten down. It will make life easier, trust me.

Or you can just step up your game to a vbanded turbo. I am sure your dad would be more than competent enough to use your existing downpipe and just modify it to the vband flange.

No I am buying joes turbo and runnin a vband that’s settled…but dick head don’t need to run his mouth sayin I’m complaining,when I was simply tryin to save from having to spend money if I don’t have to…its called shooping smart…

Boosted ls ftw, if I’m correct it’s going to be a ported and polished head, cams , spring retainers, and 9:1 compression, should be a nice set up

Thank you jay I’m glad someone reads what I’m doing I can’t wait till we get it done so I can bring it out for a tune idk how soon I’m switching to hondata though so we may eventually have to retune on the hondata

Ok e-thug! This isn’t the only post you have on this site, in general you are pretty negative as shown in your response to my earlier post. Im glad that dude has videos, I can steal peoples videos too. These guys are right down the street and everyone knows what they have done. Go ahead and not listen to what people have to say on here so you can start all the way back at the beginning and see what works and what doesn’t on your own then. Im not here to bash you just tell you that these people are respected here and know what they are doing.

listen you fuckin cock smoker i know what the fuck im doing…i grew up around this shit… my dad and uncle both have 8 second street cars…so just shut the fuck up…all im doing is showing on here what im building…im not complaining about shit…all them old post about projects and shit is from when i was 16 17 when i thought i knew everything…so before you go threw my old post’s…get your facts straight then run your fuckin mouth…better yet how bout you not post in my thread

here we go…typical pittsped thred:drama: I have a Honduh…and i like turtles!