Lasik eye surgery question.

with my contacts im 20/15 and the eye dr. did say it was better than 20/20 so +1 for that discussion.

Normal vision is 20/20 in the nomenclature of Dutch ophthalmologist Herman Snellen. In 1862, he calibrated a set of descending-sized letters to the eyesight of his young assistant, who was presumed to have normal vision. From a distance of 20 feet, the smallest letters the young man could read were designated 20/20. There are a few people who can read letters half that size, or 20/10, from the same distance.

http://bluestream.wustl.edu/WhitakerArchives/00_annual_report/theeye.html

No need to “discuss” facts that can be looked up. :slight_smile: 20/20 means that at 20 feet things are as clear as this standard’s “normal.” 20/400 would mean that at 20 feet things look as clear as 400 feet relative to the standard’s “normal” eyesight. So no, 20/10 does not mean that you are far sighted. It means that at 20 feet you see things as clearly as a “normal” person would see at 10 feet. You may also see clearly at close distances, or you may actually be farsighted. The rating does not specify.

fichte, had mine done 2 years ago, vision is still at 20/15 after being literally blind without corrective lenses. highly worth the money!!

Thanks for the opinion. We are gonna stop by and see if insurance will take any of the hit since her vision is really poor and was recomended by her optometrist (or whatever you call an eye doctor).

no problem. yes definately consult your insurance to see if you can get anything from them. back when i had it done they covered $400 per eye, wasn’t much, but still better than paying the full amount out of pocket.

Search…this is the eleven tee billionth post about this.

Yeah I didn’t search before hand, ah well. I got the answers needed. /lock or /close is fine.

Atwal is the other local place. My GF had her’s done there.

Ficte got sued by someone a while ago when he first started doing the laser eye surgery. Thats why he has partners now. He needed them to keep his practice open while his medical license was on hold during the court proceedings. I’m sure if he screws up on a regular basis he wouldn’t be in business anymore. Just a little FYI.

I’m sure either place does the job with minimal risks now.

My wife went to Fichte also, has great vision now. Don’t know the cost, we didn’t pay a dime for it. Completely covered by insurance. If you want to see what it is like, they gave her a video of them doing her eyes.

Cost all depends how bad your eyes are. A year and a half ago it was anywhere from $1000 to $1500 per eye and $100 for the eye exam. This was at Atwal. Ficte can’t be that far off from that though.

Its a pain in the ass when you are drunk.I hate them in my eyes.I can feel them there after they have been in there all day.Eventually the costs of contacts and everything that goes with it will pay off

i had mine done at atwal… i couldnt see at ALL without corrective lenses and now i have 20/20