Lasik eye surgery question.

Anybody on the board gotten this done in Buffalo? Any reliable doctors up here that do this procedure? Also what typical costs (if insurance doesn’t cover).

I tried googling, etc. and found a couple doctors local, but would rather have some first hand knowledge if anybody has gotten this done.

-Ryan

LAFENGAS got lasik eye surgery a year or two ago, but i think he crossed the border. might want to PM him about it.

my buddy grahme (92slowcivic on this board) had it done, he now has super uman seeing ability

my family members got it done at fichte, they come recommended.

make sure you’re a candidate before you get too involved. a lot of people aren’t.

I had it done and posted about it a year and a half ago.

Fichte FTW. Cost was about $2200, paid for via flexible spending account so it was pretax.

PM me if you want to know more or check out my post. I will try to find it. My vision was 20/800, now its 20/20

i heard that as soon as he walked out of fitche, he couldn’t recognize his girlfriend, and then when he figured out who it was, he cried. haha. :smiley:

useful info: and see if you are a canidate… the costs are directly related to the quality… and they add up pretty quickly. as aforementioned, a lot of people aren’t eligible

Just remember, you won’t be able to sell your eyes too easily 3 months from now. :smiley:

Not true

Very true

DAMNIT Brent, FS: 2 eyeballs, slightly used, but still going strong.

Na, my vision is good. I think last time it was checked it was in fact 20/15 I know it was above the normal standard 20/20.

Anywho its for my gf her vision is absolutely horrible. I kept hearing on the radio Ficked something eye associates but didn’t know how to spell it. So this post proved to be useful knowing its Fichte.

Now if you have really bad vision, can insurance opt to cover this? I know her insurance has recommended it before, so just seeing if they would cover any of the procedure.

Definately going to PM a few people here in a minute or so.

I got mine done in 2003 and it was the best $ i’ve spent. I think it was around $2,000. I forgot the name of the place i went to but it was the one who did all the Buffalo Jills.

Bowdown and salute the man that bedded all. lol

HAHA

and hopefully he made them see how busted they all were.

uhm, 20/15 does not make your eyes better than 20/20, infact it makes you far sighted

incorrect… 20/15 is superior to 20/20…

It is possible to have vision superior to 20/20: the maximum acuity of the human eye without visual aids (such as binoculars) is generally thought to be around 20/10 (6/3). Recent developments in optometry have resulted in corrective lenses conferring upon the wearer a vision of up to 20/10. Some birds, such as hawks, are believed to have an acuity of around 20/2; their vision is much better than human eyesight.

source = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_acuity

Personally I am 20/15 in my right eye and 20/10 in my left. I can read just fine. I can read license plates and road signs much farther than 95% of my friend…

there is no far or near sightedness

My optometrist had an interesting take on laser eye surgery:

It makes sense for someone like a soldier in combat who’s fucked if they get a contact messed up, but for the rest of us: We’re in the bathroom evey night anyways, so what’s the big chore behind popping them in and out once a day? Who’s to say there won’t be something better in the coming years than removing material that doesn’t grow back? Maybe they’ll come up with some kind of material that they put on your eye and hit with a laser and it becomes permanent. Then if your prescription ever changes, it gets peeled off and redone.

The procedure’s permanent but the results aren’t.

Food for thought.

wait let me get this right, you quoted a wiki page that actually says this

[B]This article (or section) may need to be wikified to meet Wikipedia’s quality standards.
Please help improve this article, especially its section layout, and relevant internal links. (help)
This article has been tagged since November 2006.

Yes i did quote wiki, for it is quite respected… visual acuity being rather popular. The information is correct. No need to get bent out of shape cause you feel that 20/20 is perfect and there is nothing better…

just fucking google visual acuity

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/the_eye/acuity.html

one simple source, all of which have the same info, I personally don’t want to search through med journals when the info is readily available elsewhere

Hmm wonder if it could fix my eye lol. Highly doubt it.

HA, i didnt even notice that when i first typed it.

I have 20/10 vision now and that’s better than 20/20.

lol your 20/20 is owned. :smiley:

i’m 20/15 if you ever want to have a competition.