LASIK.

Yesterday, I got LASIK laser eye surgery done at TLC in Wexford. It was awesome. Yesterday morning, I needed glasses. Today I am 20/20.

http://www.tlcvision.com/

:bigthumb:

wow, congrats!

everyone i know took a few days to heal up completely and be able to see clearly…and a few got the other one where it takes like a month or somthin to fully heal…

i keep thinking about gettin this done it would be so nice to not have to put in contacts every monrning

Thx. It does take a few days to heal up. My sight is still fluctuating a little bit. But, when I took the eye test this morning it was 20/20. The doctor said that may change some over the next month. And then you get the full benefit after about 3 months when the cornea is completely healed.

I have to take it easy for the next 4 days. No exercise and no dust or dirt. But, I am cleared to drive already.

I thought about this for a few years. Then my sister and 3 of my friends all had LASIK. And all said it was the best thing they ever did. I am happy with it so far…

wow, congrats!

cost?

coo
glad it is turning out ok

Congrats :beer:

I got my eyes done in 04 when I turned 21, its amazing… it took like 45 min to get done, went home, took a nap, woke up to looking at the tv crystal clear. Its been 3 years now and I have had 0 problems. The cost has came down a lot now, but I believe mine was around $3000, I hear them advertising it for $600 or so now.

price varies on how bad your prescription is. i been looking at getting this for 3 years

It wasn’t cheap. I went to TLC and paid a premium. But, their reputation is great and it’s my eyes. So I didn’t want to mess around with the bargain places.

If you plan ahead and start a Flexible Spending Account you can use pre-tax dollars and that cuts down the cost a lot.

mine was done in october

20/20 also
the lasic institute on mcnight

more of this:wackit: to wear contacts again:blue:

Mine was done by Martenali Eye Clinic in Charleroi, they own their own equipment, but a guy that pioneered like 7 things towards Lasik flew in once a month and did them all. Thats who did my eyes, since then he quit doing that.

Either way, best decision in my life, there is really nothing to think about, just do it, you will not regret it. Worth every penny of $3000.

I have an astigmatism is LASIK still available???

how bad was you vision before??? ( those of you that have had the surgery )

I would love to get lasik… just costs so much,
some places charge like 600 which isnt bad but you kinda wonder how good it is…

I had an astigmatism in my left eye and they were able to correct that, too. It costs more of course. And they have an intralace option for cutting the cornea versus a blade. That also costs more but it less intrusive and there is less likely hood of dry eyes.

I don’t know the numbers but my eyes were about half of the average near-sighted prescription they said. Oh, and a nearsighted prescription is a much better candidate for LASIK than farsighted.

It is awesome. I am still getting used to seeing things without glasses and keep annoying my wife by reading things that I can see far away. :rofl:

I’ve actually been really wanting to get my dad to go. His sight is so bad though that he has contacts AND glasses, can’t seeing near or far. I dont know if its something they can fix or what… so then i’d ask what is a “'better candidate” for lasik?

They said when you are nearsighted, the cornea is too round. So, they take pieces out to make it flatter. If you are farsighted the cornea is too flat and it is much harder to add curvature.

I have another friend that got RK surgery years ago. It corrected her nearsightedness. And now she had reading glasses for seeing things close, but normally doesn’t need glasses. Something like that is a possibility??

The consultation at TLC is free. They are very proud of their success rate. I don’t think they will perform the surgery unless there is a good probability of success. Have your dad go there and check it out. They can say for sure if they can correct his vision.

Had mine done in 00 have not had one problem. I now have 20/15. If your thinking about doing it do it. It may cost up front, but you will no longer have to pay for glasses, contacts, and all the other eye related things.

Yeah its still available. My dad has astigmatism also and we got ours done at the same time. My eyes were I believe -3.75 is what my contacts said. I will say it again and again, best decision of my life.