Last lap @ laguna Seca

Rubbins racing :eek:

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBeuoJmZ7g”]YouTube - SPEED Last Laps, LAST LAP ALMS Laguna Seca[/ame]

dam !

he didnt nudge you, he didnt bump you, he rubbed you… and rubbin son, is racin

wow, i was waiting for the guy in the vette to just come over and beat the living piss out the at guy during the interveiw

That was the driver of the Acura LMP car that crossed the finish at 1:47 into the video.

well that makes explains it i guess i was not paying that close of attention to the giant acura badge on his firesuit… so what happened between the vette and porsche drivers

?

Meh from the looks of things not much. ALMS’s website barely reported on it. Autoblog had a quick story about it, but the 911 driver seems pretty carefree about the whole thing. No word from the vette driver.

The GT2 finish was just as frantic as the overall result. Jörg Bergmeister and Patrick Long won in GT2 for Flying Lizard Motorsports in their Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, a victory enhanced by driver championships for the pair and the second straight team title for the Lizards. It also gave Porsche its 100th Series class victory, a first for any manufacturer.

Bergmeister finished 1.037 seconds ahead of Corvette Racing’s Jan Magnussen after the two cars banged side-to-side coming out of the final turn. As they beat on each other toward the finish, Magnussen went around hard into the outside wall just before the start-finish line.

“I’m definitely sorry Jan went into the wall,” Bergmeister said. “I didn’t want that to happen. But it was a banging game. I’m glad he’s OK. It was tough racing. The Corvette passed me the first time at the hairpin but he went in way too deep and I was able to get back around him. He was a little quicker I have to say. I wasn’t trying to figure out where he was gaining time on me. I was trying to stay on track and in front.”

It was the last in a number of moments between the two cars in the final hour. The two cars swapped positions numerous times and ran nose-to-tail for much of the final half-hour.

While the 911 Flying Lizard team did win for the year. The Vette’s jumped classes midway though the year from GT1 down to GT2. With them running a full year in GT2 next year I’m sure we’ll see more of them playing bumper cars.