Last minute travel, cheapest fares?! Any ideas?

Hey guys had something come up, need to get to Florida tomorrow. What would be the cheapest way to do it? Ive checked a few of the big name discount places, Expedia, priceline, etc. Any ideas? Strictly flying! How does stand by work?

Anyone know if i can just go to the airport and buy a tix cheap? I did this a few weeks ago in NYC and it was a good price. Wondering if i just check flight times and go to the airport and try and get a seat, will that work?!

call the airport?

im gonna try that, problem is i have to call each airline.

fuck, prices are insane thanks to goddamn spring break.

and st. patricks day, enjoy

Rent a car and drive?

thinkin about it, problem is I will have to drive back anyways (friends car) and miss as little work as possible.

Good luck…I did the same thing before…and a one way flight was something stupid like $1000

inbe4usingthedragonforce. anywhere you call especially this weekend is going to be insane.

cuz of st pattys day? Who travels just to drink?

spring break prices are in effect

i just booked a flight on southwest for june for 71 dollars each way round trip to orlando.

The search engines do not include southwest so you will have to search them separate.

Booking last minute is always going to be more, booking a car last minute is usually cheap.

priceline.com has GREAT prices on last minute flights… but DAY OF

Go online and find a common flight on a major airline. Something at a time that most people want. Pack light and try offer being bumped if they ask to get a free flight voucher out of it. You would be surprised how much you can fly for free if you know how to pick flights.

:wave:

I’ve gone to Boston for St. Patty’s. Twas a good time.

Everything turned out alright, no need to rush down there. Prices are retarded until monday, then they drop back down.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45018&highlight=kayak.com

check surrounding airports, lauderdale, tampa, orlando, palm beach etc etc etc