Leafs vs Ottawa

:picard:

well put.

yep they always find a way to crumple

so true

You guys watch the game or TSN highlights?

Cause you’re fucked. they played a great game they took it to Ottawa, they physically took the game to them, won battles along the boards, the first line showed promise, we played a great game with TONS of promise for this year.
defence was a bit shakey.

final score don’t say everything.

wtf is raycroft doing in net?

this shouldnt even be an issue for that dumbshit maurice

being a goalie myself who went pretty far in his hockey career, im offended

I agree that the leafs played well, especially in the 2nd period. I saw the whole game. One thing I hate is the offence, the leafs are weak. Everytime ottawa would attack, it was almost like a potential to score. The leafs on the other hand were just like wasting time.

And raycroft sucks.

The leafs have ALWAYS been a physical team, they usually are very good at winning battles along the boards. In the past what 30 years… it hasn’t seem to have helped much. You know why? Because they suck balls in every other aspect, no defense, a goalie who may as well be standing sideways in the net, and a team full of players who are oblivious to that fact that to score a goal you must SHOOT AT THE NET.

They may show promise… but no more then any other years that have past, in effect the leafs yet again will be nothing more then a mid range team with the fans of consistent Stanley cup champions (which they will never be again at this rate).

Yes there are shady parts to this team, the defense needs help, surprisingly even our top defenseman Kaberle was schooled last night which doesn’t happen too often.

Cant argue the fact that Raycroft sucks, make a save son. Tuskala(sp) hopefully will make that difference in goal.

Hey when Maurice said “we will make the playoffs” this year, I laughed myself, but seeing them play last night, I’m a believer.
They played good, if we can dominate Ottawa (Stanley cup finalists) we can dominate most of the league.

Mind you its 1 game… lets give them at least 15 games then well start to criticize.

taskala should be in net tonight, if hes not then i will officially not watch another leafs game the entire season

that is my pledge

there is only one european goalie in the nhl with a better record then him right now, mikka kippersof (sp)

granted his preseason sucked, but for the money theyre paying him, give him a chance

get rid of raycroft and put the money to better use

i believe pogge is better then raycroft

gawd is so so aweful, it makes me so mad, he’s so inconsistent

Hey… who knows why folks in Toronto have to drink beer from glasses?

It’s because all the cups are in Montreal.

hahaha

I too think they played really well last night, especially in comparrison to the pre-season.

The one thing that I’ve seen them consistently suck at is open-ice loose puck battles. It gets to mee soo much that I scream when I see them barely moving their asses to an open puck which could lead to a good odd-man rush and scoring chance. Instead, the other team would come from behind, take the puck, do a few laps around the rink, and then flutter a puck at Raycroft before it goes in along the ice five-hole where his stick should be. They do not look hungry enough, it’s like a pleasure skate out there.

OK flame away but I’m a SENS fan.

So the leafs played an alright game but the SENS are too strong offensively. The Leafs may outmuscle them here and there but Ottawas big line is more finesse and you will have to basically draw a penalty to stop them.

Bottom line, SENS have their number and they weren’t even playing with Emery so the score was closer than it would have been.

EDIT: The SENS preseason was 6-0-0 they are on fire

leafs stopped skating in the last bit… same story as always

^^ agreed… First two periods I thought they were excited to be playing again and gave it a run, in the third and towards the end of the game we got tired and let Ottawa come right back, same old story.

Yes the sens do have a stronger Offense, I was very impressed with Antoine Vermette’s play last night, damn that kid is fast and made a presence on the Ice.

Emery?!? ehh Gerber is a good goalie they should give him a chance.

For sure Toskula will get the start tonight. I agree Raycroft needs to go, unfortunately we wont get much in return.

trade raycroft for a new equiptment manager or something

anything is better then having him in the lineup

I guess the fact that the guy set a new leafs record with wins last year means nothing. 37wins …

seriously though thats gotta suck to be him, most wins in a leafs uniform in a single season and everyone wants him out. lol

so what? he’s inconsistent, bottom line

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while

if you cant admit that then your blind

just because the offence happened to put in more goals for then he allowed makes him a fantastic goalie

i prefer to think of it as the leafs having solid offense for those 37 games

he only set the record because they didnt have a back up to do anything either

as a goalie, im telling, he’s a waste

he had some good times in boston, but in blue and white, he’s a waste

like the saying goes, offense wins games, defense wins championships

and he will never, NEVER, aid in the leafs in that

sorry haha

but raycroft pushed my buttons