Leaking Airrrrr

help! my car is leaking air.

how do i fix my car?

mainly the air from the tires.

take the tire out from the rim
and clean the bead of the tire and the rim where the bead sits…

you need runflatsssss

the lower profile the better

it could be the weld seems on the rim, its a really common problem on cars, there is a place in rexdale that’ll recoat your rim for $200

Alright, alright, more than one parody thread for the day will be just enough. :squint:

BTW, it could be a grounding issue. Check all grounds.

3.4/10

sigh…

I second that. Make sure you check all your grounds.

This gets lamer and lamer each and every waking day.

First figure out where the air is leaking from. Put your wheel on the ground and fill the outer lip where the tire meets the rim with some dish soap/water solution, or better yet liquid car wash soap…do this on both the inner and outer side. You’ll know where it’s leaking from when the soap starts to bubble up.

When you figure out where the leaky section is, deflate the tire and pop that area of the bead. Sometimes just re-setting the leaky section of bead and cleaning the lip of the rim will stop the leak without removing the whole tire.

If in your soap test the soap doesn’t bubble up do the same thing on the base of the valve stem. If it bubbles then your stem is shit and you need a new one. Also check the top end of the valve stem to see if the inner core part is screwed in tight…you need one of those little nipple shaped valve stem tools for that.

If none of that helps then go ahead and check all your grounds.

^ahahaha… I love the people that believe him. They’re the best.

When your rready to remoutnt he tire, make sure you use lots of quick start with the bead sealer, then light it, not only will it seat the rim, but the bead sealer will keep the fire going!

Sadly, I;m talking from experience. lol

While you are at it, change your headlight fluid and replace your muffler bearings.

Heave Duty Tire Beads and Muffler Bearings can be found here, among other maintenance items and performance parts.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

fill the tires up with helium.

try it, my car weighs significantly less now!!!

I went with hydrogen… 2/3 with oxygen…

ohh the humanity…

You guys are just too much…

Have you tried going with all wood wheels?

actually theres airless tires now u can buy. so u wont ever have this problem