Learn me some Cape Cod.

Who’s been there? I’m going there for a long weekend with the wife and baby. What to do? Where to stay?

I’m not really sure why we’re going. Wife picked it. I guess it’s cool? There are beaches and lighthouses or something? I just want to eat a lot of fresh seafood. I hear you can do that there.

Nantucket is a neat little place to shoppe for a day. (If you don’t mind the ferry ride)

I once knew a man from nantucket…let’s just say the stories about him a greatly exaggerated.

They sell t-shirts that say - I am the man from Nantucket.

lol I’m definitely lame enough for that shirt :tup:

Provincetown, the farthest point on the cape has culture you aren’t going to find anywhere else. As long as gay pride doesn’t terrify you(or a potential periodic man naked but wearing leather chaps walking with his boyfriend.) Provincetown has amazing sea food that is literally fresh out of the water. The Lobster Pot is highly recommended(if its still there) is on Commonwealth, the main street there.

You can surf oceanside, if you want calm, bayside is the place to stay. Welfleet seems to be one of the better places to stay away from touristy stuff. There are tons of wharfs for on-dock seafood, hiking trails which are awesome, you can drive on the dunes with your vehicles provided you have the correct equipment. Whale watches that are better than Buffalo’s, then the usual tourist stuff. Its an amazing place to relax that is pretty central to a great east coast city.

Welfeet and anything around the “elbow” tend to get a little less touristy, if you and your wife want to play it safe, Hyannis is insanely busy but has malls and regular touristy stuff. You can make it from one end of the cape to the other in about an hour, so if you guys are staying, stay around the elbow.

If you check around, and depending on the time of year you go, you can basically rent an apartment(full apartment), for a couple hundred to a few hundred a week, which smokes any hotel price in season you will pay.

You are an hour from Boston, once you cross the bridge. Amazing place for food and serious clear your mind relaxation.

lol yeah you don’t see many whales in the lake. Plenty on Chippewa though.

Thanks for the other advice too!

lol @ whale joke

cape cod is freaking beautiful. i used to spend a month every summer there when i was a boy. my aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins live there. one is actually getting married in a few months there, so i’ll be back for a bit

provincetown is super neat if youre not a huge homophobe. eat some clam chowder, and lobster rolls. buy a skim board and tear up the tide pools at low tide. catch some clams, just start digging where you see big bubbles

I didn’t get down to cape cod for my New England vacation last year. If you want take a trip up to Boston and check out the New England Aquarium. It’s massive and features a lot of different stuff. As jam said stuff your face with seafood. The clam chowder is excellent along the NE coast, as well as the lobster.

My aunt & uncle moved to Nantucket when they got out of college, still has a place there. Recently picked up a new place in Cotuit as well. Always a good time when we visit.
Nantucket was fun like 15 years ago, when I went recently it was just too busy during the summer.
Still great memories of driving on the beaches and having lobster bakes. I would suggest renting some bikes and exploring but with a little one that might be tough.
Regardless it should be relaxing and plently of picturesque sights.

cool remember, if youre going to buy an instrument, ask a friend musician to try it at the store with you since you say you never played one… or you may also find great used instruments too