Lease takeover?

I need to get a car very soon, and have been looking at leasetrader.com

Something like that.

My question is, is the lease transfered to me, in my name then?

Also, im curious if anyone has done it before, and can give some insight as to whether or not it is worth it…

Thanks…

Yes it does. The whole process take about a month to complete though. Ask (Joe) here on the boards, he got his GTO from lease trader. Great place.

Wow thats a pimp deal, however who gets the right at the end for buyout or re-lease? The original owner or you the new owner?

I did it, on leasetrader. If there’s any way you can get a hold of the guy outside of there, do it, because they charge each side $100 and don’t really do much, other than giving you each other’s contact info and giving you the paperwork that you can get from GMAC. It’s a great deal, and totally worth it. The only thing is, don’t do it if you’re in a hurry. GMAC only makes 595 off lease transfers so they take their sweet ass time, mine took 6 weeks. If you can wait for it it’s usually a hell of a deal though. I’m probably getting my next car on there as well. The lease is transferred to your name, assuming you’re credit qualified, and you get buyout rights. PM me if you have any more q’s

i transfered my jag lease…it was the biggest pain in the ass…a lot of paper work being sent back and forth…I would never do it agian.
but thats just me.

why would you want to do this?

hmmmmmmm
OT, who in the hell leases a car for 6 years?

towne auto group has some pretty sweet deals on brand new leftover 06 models, they have an ad in sunday’s auto section in the buff news.

ie 06 mazda6speed with nav for 22k, some decent trucks, etc…

The same people that get a 52-year loan on a house.

that seems like a real shitty deal

it only has 10k miles remaining, and its for a full 15 months, leaving you less then 800 miles a month…

yea i know he is giving you 2k, but he takes that “incentive” outta the montly payment,

so in reality he is giving you a free 13k miles but your payments are going to be 378 a month, which is higher then most “new” advertised leases ive seen out there, shit u can lease a brand new infinity fx35 for 379 a month

:jawdrop:

Not with 0 down, and not for that short of a term.

:word:

Seemed like alot of shitty deals on that site.

I guess leasing anything just isn’t my thing.

I did a search, there are alot of people that are upsidedown, and over on their mileage, they practically give you the car for free just to take over the lease, and pay 20 cents a mile i’d assume.

I take my previous comment back.

It seems like a good way for someone who is a car junkie or whatever to get a different toy every year and not worry about selling a car, etc.

For every good deal on leasetrader.com there are 10 people trying to dump an awful mistake they made. Just have to be patient.

<~~~Got the good deal.
If you’re not in a hurry and you can wait on a deal and jump on it when it comes up, you can do great. It took me about 6 weeks to find a deal for me, and there were 48 people that tried to get it after I did.

swapalease.com is another one, same concept.

good deal if you want to buy for $450/MONTH.MAzda will NOT lease 06’s i dont know why they just wont:(