legalize pot

Seriously, the legalization and taxation of pot could single-handedly get this country out of recession. Think about it. It would not only give struggling farmers a cash crop, you would need to transport as well as sell it. So it creates and secures jobs as well. I saw a show a couple weeks back where ONE shop owner paid over 1 million in sales tax to state and fed govs in 1 year for pot alone!

and +1 on keeping people out of jail and court for such petty sh%*

^ agreed

Isn’t getting un-high the same thing as sobering up from drinking? I couldn’t just make the decision to not be high anymore…

oh, and +1 on going to buy it from sketchy people/places

I remember being in highschool and driving up clinton ave to get weed…ahhhhh, to be young and dumb.

good quality connections > buying shitty “bud”(if you could call it that) from the street corners!

And california is doing it right!

Santa Monica: No More Pot Prosecutions Following Passage Of Marijuana ‘Deprioritization’ Measure

Santa Monica, CA: Santa Monica law enforcement officials are no longer prosecuting adults who possess marijuana in their homes, according to police data reviewed by the Santa Monica Daily Press. The moratorium on pot possession busts follows the enactment of a local initiative ‘deprioritizing’ the enforcement of such offenses.

In November 2006, 65 percent of city voters approved Measure Y, which directs municipal police to make all law enforcement activities related to the investigation, citation, and/or arrest of adult cannabis users their lowest priority. The ordinance took effect in July 2007.

Since that time, proponents of the measure report that police are abiding by the local law. Over the past two years, municipal police have not charged any adults for marijuana possession inside a private residence, the Daily Press reported Friday.

Voters have enacted similar ‘deprioritization’ measures in Oakland, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, and West Hollywood, California, as well as in Denver and Seattle.

I used to go to knock spots in schenectady when I was young. And I copped a couple times off of Judson in Albany. I was stupid.

There was a place on morton ave that was less then a block from the police station, knocked on the door, door handle popped out, put your money in, got the bag back.

Granted…due to my last job,and job hunting, I havent smoked in years haha. But it was a fun, harmless past time

I agree 100%

It already is decriminalized in NY. Possession of up to 25g is only a $100 fine for your first offense.
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4554

Since people are going to smoke either way, why doesnt the gov’t make some money off of it?

CUZ ITS WRONG

Fuckn hypocrite:lol

sorry, this guy is not a stoner. but dude, 25g isnt much, and you know that. under 1oz. i know tons of people who get it a QP at a time.

It’s pretty much legal in CA. Medical cards aren’t too hard to acquire…

Nope, not hard at all. Although, federal law> ca law, so thehre still is a chance of trouble.

iirc, I think I heard there was a bill in place for medical marijuana in the state senate before the whole standoff thing started, so it didnt get voted on

um we dont hear about amsterdam , holland at all, let alone any crimes from there… so thats not really the best point lol

sorry but thats saying lets make tomatos and thyme illegal because everyone can grow it in their homes and goverment cant tax it

pleaseeeeee

high grade tomatoes dont sell for $5k+ a pound.

It would be pretty much impossible to tax EVERYONE who would grow it

But if it was legal dont you think the price would go down?

… which is why it will never be legalized completely