Legalizing drugs

So… what do you think of Giambra’s comment that drugs (pot) need to be legalized in Buffalo and that it would help with crime issues?

I think it means that Giambra still smokes.

:wstupid: the only way it would cut down on crime is that pot dealers will be out of a job. They need not to concentrate on pot as much as they do coke and crack. thats where the real drug problem is

Are you sure this isn’t a joke, look at the date…

4/20

I would need to know more details. I am for leagalizing the green but I don’t think it is the solution to crime.

Oh geez. I didn’t even notice its 4/20. I hate you fucking cornballs who get all pumped up and tote the numbers 4-2-0 around like they denote you as being cool. Its fucking retarded. “yeah pot is cool!! 420 4 life” Who gives a shit. /rant

ya thats all we need, more fat stupid lazy people baked out of their minds.

HAH

Fucking retard

Any idea Giambra has should be thrown out

That would explain a lot.

The guy almost loses his face to cancer and he wants to legalize it?

I still can’t figure out why a mafia guy would want to legalize it.

this is all from a rational point of view i don’t smoke myself. i did at one point a long time ago and really don’t see a point to it looking back on it but having said that.

i guess psychologically it would take some of the edge off of it. though making it more easily accessible would probably cause a push for harder drugs as dealers are going to need to find something else to sell.

BUT it would be a good way to side step all the little guys and make it easier to target the heavy hitters that deal in more serious drugs. I dont think pot heads are that criminally active because of pot but coke heads and heroine adicts on the other hand…

though there maybe a slight rise in pot smokers behind closed doors as im sure it would follow the same smoking laws as cigarettes the amount of money we’d save busting these guys and allocating that to more serious ventures might be worth it.

i think he sees it as more tax money…think about it…u can legalize it…sell it in stores like cigarettes and beer and tax in to death and people will still buy it

i think it needs to be decriminalized. not sure if we can handle it being legalized.

either way, they need to concentrate on hard drugs. there isnt much crime associated with weed (violent crime I mean) but yea and H are biiig troble

i did a pretty good proposal for a written argument class on legalization of marijuana. If you guys knew some of the facts youd be more supportive of it. Esp. the 7-8 billion$ the gov spends on “the war on drugs(pot only)” a year . and then the other 7-8 billion$ that gov could make if they taxed it in the same manner that tobacco or alcohol is. thats 14-16 billion$ a year that could be saved outa our pockets for taxes… and im not even getting into the court costs of arresting millions of people on only posession issues or the hinder that it places on our justice system while theres a lot harder crimes going on everyday in society… end rant

the one and only reason I think it should NOT be legalized is because it would be taxed.

but thats less money that comes out of your pocket for the budget and more that comes out of peoples pockets that choose to do it.

No way… Crime rates would soar…Has anyone considered that the reason that people committed a crime was because they were ON drugs in the first place - legal or not? That they weren’t necessarily committing a crime to get illegal drugs, but the drugs themselves caused a violent behavior which lead them to committing a crime - something that would not have happened if they had not TAKEN drugs? In actuality, crime will rise when drugs are legal because more people will be taking drugs.

Legalization would also decrease price and increase availability. I have plently of other reasons but…no one will read them anyways. It’s just a bad idea.

:lolsign: you think you would have any kind of tax break if they legalize it? :lol: The government would just have more money.

And that doesnt make me want it to be legalized.

:lol: because it’s not real. But pretending it is.

A. They can start a new industry to make it, jobs.
B. It could be produced in a less-potent manner.
C. Regulated business, start off cheapish. Then jack the prices up once a majority of the illegal trafficing slows/stops/moves on to pricerier drugs. Much like they do cigarettes.
D. Tons of new taxes because NY loves taxes.
E. False promises the tax money will be used for good. Then just be pocketed by those on top. :tup:

So no.

I’m not talking about the reality that our government sucks and would just take the money. Im saying in theory if it was treated the same as alcohol or tobacco then we would save money.

and eclipsegirl, you think people smoke up and go do violent acts just for the hell of it? haha I dont know about you but most people i know that smoke never get violent. If your going to talk about violence and being related to drugs your leaving out a major cause of lots of crimes in this country. Alcohol is a way more violent, mind altering, habit forming “drug” then weed will ever be. So if your going to be against drugs be against them all not just the ones that are created illegal because our government thinks it should. Oh and another nice fact is that marijuana was only illegal for the last 60 some years… and the only reason the government made it a crime was because it was connected African Americans and the racial tension of this country in the '30s . it was banned in 1937 (i believe) because the government thought it caused all of the non white races to commit crimes.

sorry i just like to debate :smiley: hope no one takes any of this personally, i just like to debate about anything

They should lower the drinking age back down to 18, before they legalize drugs.

Legalize it … regulate it … Then tell people how bad it is for them … put it with McDonalds value meals … same people will be all about it.

I’m all about legalizing it but I don’t smoke anymore… However it’s something i think people should experience. My .02