Lemon law?

Ok, I bought my car may 13th and I’ve had several bumps in the road, but none as serious as the past 2 weeks. Last week I had an issue 2 days in a row with my car telling me I had 0 oil pressure. Checked my oil it was fine. Let the car cool down in the middle of walden ave and then drove it home no problems. I go to work the next day, same issue. I add oil and check the level, everything seems fine. Car runs fine ect. A few days later I check the oil, level is fine, but oil is EVERYWHERE. I clean up what I see and keep checking, it slowly comes back? wtf.

It didn’t get any worse after that so I just assumed it was fine. This week I take the car to get APR tuned. Car was fine for about 10 minutes. Then throws a CEL. WTF! take the car back immediately, says it’s an issue with the car not making enough boost. They look at it, assume its fine and remove the code. CEL comes back while going to get my dad from work. He’s there and sick and I’m already running late to go get him. Upset me right there.

I take it back yesterday for them to fix any boost leaks that I may have had and replace the diverter valve if it had any issues. They give me the car back and assure me that everything is fine. CEL comes back on my way home WTF!!!

I call and piss and moan and I get an appointment to drop off my car on monday morning which is a large inconvenience for me but what am I going to do? I need it fixed.
Well today I’m at work and I’m going to do an oil change because we’re super dead. I jack up the car and take a look under there. Everything is covered in oil. You can tell it’s fresh too, it hadn’t been like that TOO long as it wasn’t greasy and thick. I get pissed off and call autohaus. They say if it’s that big of an inconvenience that my car is leaking oil from several places they can fit me in tomorrow. They sound inconvenienced by me being upset on the phone. I’m sorry but I bought a 2006 for it to NOT have these kinds of issues? Whats the warranty there for? so I can have these issues be fixed temporarily in hopes of them going away till my warranty is up? WTF.

I’m going to go there tomorrow and talk with someone of importance and go out into the shop and look WITH them. I do not need these issues to be covered up and be told there is nothing wrong. I’ve already been told by many people that they do not like to write up and document the “work” they do there.

Mainly what I’m looking for is them to fix the issues, and take the car back and eat the entire thing and let me go and look for another car. I do not want to deal with this again.

It really upsets me that I start to like and deal with the car, more so enough to actually spend the $700 dollars on APR software just for everything to go wrong days later.
I don’t want any issues, I will get a lawyer involved if I really need to. It’s not like I want money or anything out of this. I just want the problematic vehicle to not be my problem anymore.

I would rather spend my time and less stress on another vehicle that I can just drive and enjoy.

What are my options here guys? I’ll do what I have to in order to get what I want. I already tried calling corporate but they’re closed until monday:confused:

Have all the recalls, if any, been done? I know my sister’s 07 Jetta has had numerous recalls in just the short time she has owned it. It’s just ridiculous though how a brand new car or practically brand new car can still have so many problems. Don’t give up on those phone calls.

its cuz you made fun of that guy with the dsm for his car sucking lol, but really, i dont think they would let you just get rid of your car for this, my aunts saturn vue had like 7000$ worth of warranty work before they declared it under lemon law.

i’ll scan the Lemon law sheet we have people sign if you’d like me too. let me know tomorrow and I’ll check the rules. It doesn’t seem like lemon law to me quite yet but it seems close. depends on whether they can discover what the problem is, if they can’t and you’ve had it in several times then your pretty much there. I’ll find out for sure for you though, just remind me.

still have my email or should I PM it again?

Calling vwoa would be retarded on your part, as soon as they find out it’s modded they are going to deny you and I would assume that if you tried to persue legal action their lawyer would use that against you.

yeah but the mods it has shouldnt affect what is going wrong with the car

edit- well actually doesnt computer tuning and anything with internals (you dont have this) void the engine warranty?

im pretty sure they will find anything that will void the warrenty. any aftermarket work would be fair game im assuming.

+2 , if they can find anything done to the car that will save them the time and money to fix the problem, they will do it. Put the car back to stock and take it back.

Your problem is you bought a VW, should have came to me for a cheap Honda:beer2:

haha x 2

WTF code is it throwing ??? …

cancel my previous post.

Any mods of any kind (does not matter what) will void your lemon law so the only recourse you have is with the dealer who sold it to you. I wish you luck because we just had someone sue us over his “lemon” and when the judge found out the guy had aftermarket larger sized tires (braking issue while towing on a dually diesel) he told the plaintiff to stop wasting his time and ruled against him. and if you lose you’ll have to pay legal fees.

The Tune is APR factory and does not void any of the warranty. Neither does the intercooler parts as they are all OEM.

I didn’t get thru to VWoA so maybe that’s a plus. I’m just frustrated with this mess. If they can fix everything and ensure that the car is running in perfect order and maybe help me out and toss me some form of freebee I’ll feel much better. It’s just redic that I have to go thru all of this mess.

Thanks for the non retarded posts guys.

The code it’s throwing is “under-boost” which means it’s not making enough boost, when it’s actually spiking to 23-25 which is retarded.

buy something that isnt VW.

Um yeah. That would be the plan if I could get rid of this.

Thank you for inputting nothing.

dont buy vw nex tinme

:picard:

hmm, with the oil mess the way it is, I am doubting that it is just a boost leak. My guess is that pressure is building up in the valve cover, or a pcv is fucked or something.

It looks like the bottom of the turbo has drips on it, as does around a part of the oil pan. I know there was boost (vacuum leaks) before that they fixed but the oil, wtf? I have no idea whats fucked with that. Which is why I hope it becomes a lemon.

could be as simple as a bad oil line on the turbo. I would wait till they attempt a fix tomorrow, then if it is not fixed, slap the lemon on them. Once they know you are going to try and lemon it, they are gonna do everything in their power not to have that happen.