Len's 55 chevy

well as some of you guys know I have had some issues with the body work on my 55. luckily the guy who did it was a stand up guy and took care of the issues. The car is painted back up just needs to be reassembled and I need to drill the holes in the quarters for the stainless trim. But the stainless can go on any time so I am not rushing on that. I do wanna hit a show or 2 this year though. the car has been being worked on for the better part of 2 years and it would be nice to finally be able to enjoy it. I am also planning on upgrading the stereo this summer. I picked up a jbl 500 watt 1 channel amp off of CL along with a infiniti 12" perfect sub in a box. I also have a 5 year old brand new JLw3 12" sub int he garage I never used so I am going to put one in the 55 maybe a false wall nothing too crazy just a little sound :-). If you remember my mustang you had to expect some tunes from the 55 right. working on a new motor for it but that is still a ways off maybe next winter if i am lucky. 2 year old daughter and a baby boy on the way kinda take priority over the toys these days. WTF when did I get old. I will post more pics once the car gets home.

Len

Nice man! Hope to see this out.

very nice 55 man! Shift needs moar classic car projects!

I love it man!!! If you wanna get some juice under that thing lemme know! :wink:

we have em, we just dont make threads on them :lol

well wtf, get on it. shake what your momma gave ya.

wait, that doesnt work with this does it?

im not the only one, wayne needs a new asshole too :lol

thanks guys. Its coming along had a rough year with the car last year bad body work and the worked 350 i put in it spun a bearing was a pita. But a relative gave me a SBC to get me back on the road until I can afford something with more power. I was just trying to do too much too fast and everything was going to pot so now slow and steady is the plan.

picked up the 55 on thursday. got about a mile from the shop and the car was running terrible pulled into a truck stop near the highway to put some gas in check timing etc. the car died and would not start again. battery died for some reason. Since the car was running badly and the battery was dead i figured i better not push a bad position so i called AAA for a tow. Mind you it ws 100 degrees out this day so i am waiting a couple hours for a tow my wife is 7 months pregnant and my 2 year old daughter were there with me. Neither were very happy luckily they followed me. long story short i finally got the car home. I started looking at getting the car back together today. none of my tail lights were working so i had to go and fix all that wiring ( people removing taillights with wire cutters sheesh) he also broke my steering wheel adapter for my aftermarket wheel. had to order a new one off of jegs should be here monday or tuesday… my brake booster was not working so i installed my replacement one today so thats all fixed. found a plug wire off the distributer under the wiper motor so it is running ok again. Removed a breather and added a pcv as the engine was spiting out oil through the breathers. still not sure what is with the electrical charging system though. I am gonna pull the alternator and bring it to advanced auto and have it checked as i bought it last summer and put barely any miles on it. i need to get door gasket adhesive as he did not attach any of the gaskets again this time he did it wrong the last time so i said i would do it. basically I have alot of little things to take care of. I am putting on a car show where i work on july 23rd so my goal is to get her back in shape in time for that! we will see if I can pull it together in time. i will take some fresh pics tomorow when I pull the car out of the garage

Nice looking tri five. The owner of the shop just down the road from the one I work at has 2 sitting behind the garage rusting away I can’t get him to sell. I’d really like to have one some day.

i love 55’s i hope you get this thing buttoned up and running good so you can enjoy it.

^ :+1

I have been working pretty much every night on the car after the daughter has gone to bed.
-a plug wire somehow was off of the distributer whcih caused the badly running engine easy fix.
-electrical issue is a dead battery looks like a bad cell or somethign as it has the volts by amps are not there. picking up a newone tonight.
-installed my new brake booster so the brakes are working properly
-had to fix all the wiring on the tail lights as they were all messed up and added a plate light jerry rigged custom baby!
-installed trunk lid gasket messy messy messy
installed drivers door gasket more messy messy just have passenger side left
-installed new steerign wheel adaptor so I can steer again without the horn blowing!
-neighbor is making me new panels for my doors hope to have those by the weekend and install those.
-install amp and sub in the trunk and 6x9s in rear dash dont think I will get to this before next friday though but ya never know.
-clean inside and outside and have my car at the first parsons car show july 23rd!

You need this!!!

http://albany.craigslist.org/pts/1802614541.html

as soon as i saw that motor in CL I though of your 55. Go hit the lotto for us please and put that 555 in there.

that would be sick in the 55 but yeah it would take a act of god for me to afford that one lol

Got the alternator and battery tested turns out my battery had a bad cell in it. so I picked up a new battery yesterday got that installed last night so I should be good with the electrical again. installed the passenger side door seal and painted my new dual power master cyl black as the cast metal was looking rusty already damn humidity.

Picked up the metal screws and gromets to do the new door panels so that should get me moving pretty quick here.

Sweet project I hope it comes out awesome for ya. What are your plans for the engine?

Bitchin 55! Can’t wait to see it out and about. Is it a gasser setup, like a straight axle front end? Looks like it sits kinda high?

That is sick!! I’m going to be selling some subs and amps soon, I forgot the brand though. D’oh!

it is not a gasser if it had a straight axel it would be much much higher that is stock ride height for the 55. as for the engine I am hoping to put a 400 hp crate in there in the not too distant future. wanna have some power under the hood but still be a good cruiser and its gotta sound mean! but its all about time and money and these days I seem to be short on both lol.