Letting your significant other use the Card

Yea, like the topic says, how many people here have a problem where if they let the other person in their life use their credit card, that person magically thinks its an open invitation to spend however much their heart desires?

I let my fiance use my bank card to get groceries for a dinner we were having one night, and were having a few people over. The list was…

some steaks, some potato salad, some baked beans, and some seasoning…

The dinner was good, we cooked it and everything was fine, I never saw the receipt but I was guessing it was somewhere around 30 bux max…

I just checked out the charges online, and somehow, she decided to spend 60 bux, on what I have no idea, but the money’s AWOL

dammit, give someone an inch of room and they go for broke

if you want something done right you better do it yourself…i would talk to your gf about the charges…steaks are pretty exspensive nowadays

I had the steaks, and I saw the price, so I know those weren’t any 9 dollar a piece steaks

but that will definitely be the last time that ever happens…

I was working on my car changing my wheels and she said she’d do it, should’ve figured

plus, she doesn’t have a job at the moment, and she’s magically had cash to buy things, that hurts

haha you lose

you are flipping over $30? :hsugh:

x2 I spend more than that on me for dinner :yum:

always give a woman exact change, in cash of course

cash back owned you!!!

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

:owned:

when you’re supporting 2 people, making house payments, bills and paying for a car, 30 bux disappearing can make a difference

:hs:

grocerys aint cheap no more

I support my family and i have no idea how much is in my account right now. My wife takes care of all the bills and shopping, I just give her the pay stub that was direct deposited and that is that. I trust that she will make good decisions and I have never had any reason to dispute that. Even before we were married, she took care of all of my bills for me, i hate dealing with money.

just have a cut of your pay go to a saving account for when shit goes down… let her blow the money and then pretend you’re broke and shit is going down… then show her you are the smart one who saved loot and get yourselves out of trouble… then maybe she’ll chill.

adversely… $30 isn’t that much loot… that’s like a pack of smokes and lunch :hs:

I guess my whole problem is, her and I view money differently. Like if we run out of money, I get canned at my job, and everything turns sour, I have absolutely no where to run for cover. I’d have to sell my car, possibly sell the house and try and work something out. Whereas, all she would have to do is move back in with her parents.

As soon as my car insurance policy gets renewed this year, that will help, but at the moment, I got 540 bux a month going to car and insurance payments combined.

I just turned 24 and it looks like things financially are going to be getting better from here on out.

that’s cool that things are looking up, i’ve been in your shoes when i was 19-25, but now things are much better.

I look at money like, who cares what I spend, I will be getting paid in a few weeks again. But my wife is anal about money and worries if she is $.01 off when she does the checkbook at the end of the month.

there’s principalities involved in this smokey :shaggy:

x2