Lettuce discuss boats and such.

:bowdown:

Thank you for summing up my frustrations with this thread.

Beck, if you want to go boat shopping call me I will come take a look at them with you.

Beck if you want to buy me a boat in the process I will let you…

Yep, exactly. I absolutely love mine. I don’t think I will ever sell it … Unless I am upgrading.

The only problem with them is that they are expensive lol. But then again, you get what you pay for.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

He said powerboat with an open bow … Doesn’t necessarily indicate cruiser/runabout. Although I’ll admit that I don’t forsee Beck buying a fishing boat.

http://i2.cpcache.com/nocache/product_zoom/162375195/boat_definition_bbq_apron.jpg?color=White&padToSquare=true

Seeing we’ve taken a total left on suggestions… and I KNOW beck is a baller

buy this:

http://www.xtremepowerboats.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=200

it’s not open bow, but I’m sure pulling a skier/boarder/tube would be hellish fun at 195mph!!

Same thing here, bought my boat in 2007 for $8500 and sold late 2010 for $8250 with zero repair costs.
Not sure why people knock on boats, yes there are some lemons out there…but doesn’t that same thing hold true with cars too? I’ve seen people throw money at cars that just keep failing (on this forum).

The majority of people who say stupid shit like “the two happiest days in boaters life, when they buy it and when they sell it” have never owned a boat.

I’ve sold 3 in my life and each time sale day made me sad to watch it leave. You tend to make a lot cooler memories with a boat than with a car.

I actually find that boats are fairly simple machines. The level of complexity of the powertrain and electrical is significantly lower than that of a car. The thing about boats is that the manufacturer of the boat doesn’t actually build the powertrain. They buy standard packages from companies like Mercury, Volvo, Indmar, PCM, etc… So working on Mercruiser powered Sea Ray is the same as working on a Mercruiser powered Chapparal.

There is A LOT less electrical components in a boat as well, and the electrical components that exist are far less complex in design than say, a series of 4 power windows controlled by a number of different switches.

So in general, a lot of people assume that since they’ve never worked on a boat, that they shouldn’t touch anything, but the reality is that they are pretty simple, but if you’re going to pay a marina to do all of your work, then it’s basically the same thing as getting ALL of the maintenance on your BMW done at a BMW dealership. Even the basic oil changes at a BMW dealer are extravagantly priced.

Actually, just picked up another truck today. Car is next. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

:tup: sure thing mike

Thank you for all your information. :tup:

I took mine in on trade and I am still ahead of the game.

Picture of said boat:

I know that probably isn’t your style, but it was cheap!

Its a joke, just like the money pits most of the cars on this site are, no different.

I really like that Chapparal that was posted, by brother in law is on 4th chapparl now and absolutely loves them.

Jeller

My Father might be looking to move his. It’s a 2001 Bayliner Capri (18ft) open bow with trailer and about 100 hours of use. If he sells, he would be looking for about $7000.

I think it’s this model. http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Bayliner-175-Capri/204390

http://www.sea-doo.net/units/2010/2010-Sea-Doo-180-Challenger.jpg

you can pick up a brand new sea doo challenger for under $30K

Good read on jets vs props:

That I already posted here when we talked Fry out of buying one:
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?69266-Boats

I’ve owned two(17’ skiff and a 26’ center console) and I have to admit I was happy to get rid of the last one only because I found a better replacement. I joined a boat club where I have access to 30 different boats that I can use as much as I want or as little as I want. It’s like leasing a car you’re never going to own it but your also never going to maintain it. That being said I also live where I can use them year round so more maintenance is required than using it for a few months then winterizing.

I’m not sure if there are any boat club options up in Buffalo but that’s definitely something to look into if there is.

+1 My dad has the challenger, great boat for the price

Bump, since I do not want to rant in a new thread.

Just spent the weekend in Chautauqua with the fam.
What I wanted most was a boat :frowning:

Fishing off the docks sucks when you are not 7.

So, now I have to look for someone practically giving a boat away so that I can find reason not to put in a patio in my back yard.

Chautauqua is a great lake :tup:

You don’t need a boat, you need friends with a boat. Owning a boat in the summer is like being the only one in college with a car. Everyone expects you to be sober and take them where they need to go.