Lexus LFA pulls an audi R8 at the ring

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/05/lfa_ring_fire.jpg

There were two Lexus LF-As entered into last week’s Nurburgring 24 Hour race prepared by the Gazoo Racing Team. This is what happened to one of them, car #15, about two hours from the end of the enduro. Just one of a jumble of cars that didn’t finish the race, Gazoo hasn’t explained what happened to the car, but a rather toasty engine fire took the car out of the running. The other car, #14, finished in 87th. Whenever the LF-A does show up as a customer proposition, buyers will know it has been through the ringer and thoroughly vetted. Follow the jump to see the vid.

stupid toyota reliability. weak.

Both LF-A’s spent about 6 hours in the garage with mechanical problems.

The fastest an LF-A lap was a 8:50 and that one started on fire and 9:01 for the one that finished 87th.
The winner was consistently in the 8:40’s.

I got that info from a blog.

I am sure Toyota will step it up, they usually dump a ton of R&D into it’s racing divisions.

Is it really all that surprising that their new entry in to one of the most demanding events in the world resulted in mechanical issues? That is what happens to 98% of teams fielding new cars.

Walter I agree, but when Audi burned up a car (or two) during testing it was audi reliability jokes.

Toyota should be able to take some lumps as well.