LF: Body shop experienced with 240SX frame repairs

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of stripping down my 240 and taking the chassis to a place to have it blasted/dipped/evaluated/repaired as required.

Does anyone have experience with this or know of a good place? I’ve heard of sand, soda, dry ice, etc blasting techniques or even acid dipping.

I think I need to have this done first in order to determine whether I should continue or abandon the project. The rockers are definitely shot, but the frame and shock towers seem pretty good.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Maybe I should have posted this in the Help Wanted section… I’ll seach through the posts there and the Tech FAQ section to see if my questions have already been answered.

dipping it in the 5 stage acid process is the best and only way to go it takes all the shit off and just leavesthe metal and it gets in to all the little cracks that blasting won’t do i have done it with a few cars before and it came out good

Cool, thanks for the info.

Do you know of a place that can do this? Do you know the approximate cost?

Also, I assume for prep work, you must remove everything… wiring, brake and fuel lines, glass, etc?

Thanks

its a place in brampton i will get the name and number but its not cheap it was 1000 bucks a car. yes you have to strip everything. this proccess takes all the shit away and as soon as it comes out you have to wash the oil off it and primor it then do body work

Can you send me the contact info for this place too! I would like to get this done before the summer.

I was also wondering if you would need to strip the paint of the body as well?

Lester

i will post the info sat but you don’t need to strip the paint this process does it for you it takes off paint bondo and rust
and any other shit