Light weight carpet local?

Anyone know where to get light weight interior carpet local?

go to a regular carpet store, they usually have automotive stuff. That’s where I got mine to cover my rear deck.

walmart sells a roll of replacement carpet for under 10, it didn’t have padding on the back so i doubt it’d be that heavy. I saw it at the walmart on nfb, in the center isle between cars and tools.

Doing some weight reduction at your house?

I installed some JDM spec carpet in my living room and now I can watch TV .001% faster.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:4,topic:33762"”]

Doing some weight reduction at your house?

[/quote]

Which is why this thread is in general auto :tup:

Walmart…

is there something that I’m missing here? he’s asking about auto carpet. for his formula.

What, from wal-mart or a carpet store, would work for what he’s asking?

The stuff from walmart would work.

[quote=“ly555is,post:8,topic:33762"”]

is there something that I’m missing here? he’s asking about auto carpet. for his formula.

What, from wal-mart or a carpet store, would work for what he’s asking?

[/quote]

no it was a serious question - how does their carpet match the contours of a car’s interior? pretty cool that they’d have stuff there.

[quote=“ly555is,post:11,topic:33762"”]

no it was a serious question - how does their carpet match the contours of a car’s interior? pretty cool that they’d have stuff there.

[/quote]

they have automotive quality stuff. but not molded carpet for floors and such. Just rolls of the type of carpet you see on door panels, back deck etc…

The lightweight carpet is very thin and will just conform to the contours.

I will take pics and do a write up this week…I hope…

[quote=“ly555is,post:11,topic:33762"”]

[/quote]

its not pre molded… but thin enough that it’ll pretty much end up in the shape you want it once its layed out and everything is bolted back in

Dude honestley i wouldnt waste your time. remove your carpet completley get sharp knife remove stuff lol then put back. Werent you there when i did mine the end result was carpet that weigher like nothing and we filld two trashcans with sound deadening/padding. I couldnt believe it.

Did you ever finish the front half? lol

walmart sells smaller sections of the oztie (sp?) shit. Its more for the rear section of SUVs. Its only like 3 x 8, and Ive only seen grey, and black. The grey don’t match the gp,(darker) or the z(lighter) perfect.
Were ordering it online ozite ? has some more colors that match better, and full size sections. But rear seat area looks like shit one piece, the better jobs have nice seams, and cuts. I haven’t done it, but guessing. Walmart size you should be able to do it, with 5sections with rear delete. Both front seats wells, seam under concel. Rear seat floor,rear seat uphump, cargo top. Stock rear well.
You will deffinatly need to run a floor mat with a heal pad. Good for a auto, but sucks for m6. I hate my driver floormat, and will probally at min. Use a stock gutted carpet for driver well, if I do anything.