Where to buy: replacement carpet.

I googled it.

Stockinteriors.com had some for 140 bucks, but it also said:

This carpet must be installed over existing carpeting.

Is this simply because it doesn’t come with padding or something? I didn’t see an explanation on their site. I don’t care about padding.

Same thing with JCwhitney… same quote…

thoughts?

Doesn’t Pep Boys sell universal black carpet?

Yep they do. I had it in my old e30 and have it in my 944.

how universal is it. I want it to look nice and not fit like shit. I don’t have time to be fiddlefucking laying and sewing carpet like a chump.

I just cut mine to fit, and hid seams under seats and consoles. Usually two well fit pieces (hide the seam under the center console) will cover the front seat areas.

i have a felling i’d rather pay the 140 to have something i can drop in, especially since i don’t think i can put the center console back in… but i am making a custom tunnel…

christ… how much was the DIY carpet?

$20 for a roll of 6x9’ IIRC.

pussy.
real men dont need carpets

diamond plate or rhino liner ftw, or just lather up the floor with bbq sauce and leather

I ordered custom carpeting for my 96 tbird, it was far from custom.

The instructions said it may need some trimming, but it was a huge project and never turned out right.

I recommend ordering custom carpeting, then having it installed.

Some times you can find it on ebay for half what you were quoted.

In the fords, the factory carpeting is glued to a hard shell, which forms it.

The new carpeting doesn’t come with the shell, its like regular automotive carpet, no shell, so I assume you have to rip off your old shell and glue it to the new rug.

Its a pain in the ass, but guys in my car club have had them installed with good results.

hmm… maybe i’ll just get some backing pad and some black carpet and DIY it…

the 140 dollar carpet is supposedly pre-formed to the floorpans, though.

Maybe someone on e30tech might know. There are a lot of ricers who may have replaced carpet for the bling factor.

agreed…I need a new carpet too

+1 for having your int. floor sprayed with bedliner.

i took my trunk liner out and sprayed it with Rhino liner

I’d spend the money and get the pre-formed carpet. I am not sure how the floorpans are in the e30, but some cars so so complex, its tough to even come close to doing it right by yourself. Plus, 140 doesnt seem to bad at all. Worst case, just order some padding also, and fill in any spots that dont turn out right by the aftermarket pre-formed carpet.

–mark

cut the floor out of the car…problem solved

www.accmats.com

good stuff. preformed to the floorpans and whatnot. has some foam padding. although when i installed mine, i dynamatted everything anyway.

I’ve ordered carpet from these guys before…

http://www.1aauto.com/

Good quality stuff.

just get one from a forum, dozens of these cars are parted out every day, cause kids think “oh its old it must be slow” then 170hp and rwd cause them to total their car