Lightining storm

x2 man. Anything you need just let us know!

Hope you can get back on your feet quickly.

the important thing is everyone is ok…Im in for any help needed

Thank you everyone for your kind words & offers.

My parents got out of the house safely. The house is a total loss, as well as a few classic cars, lots of classic car parts, many classic/valuable Lionel Trains, all of their personal belongings, etc. They really only have the clothes on their backs & the love/help of family, freinds, etc.

I am still somewhat in shock as to what all transpired yesterday. This is the house that I grew up in. It is hard to watch as fire destroys it & then a backhoe tears it apart even more. The fire was still burning last night at 11pm, when I left.

Mother Nature does nasty things. My father told me that within 5 minutes of the lightning strike, the house was totally engulfed in flames.

im not sure what to say. I was going to drive by there after work last night but was unsure of where it was. Just glad everyone was ok.

I saw your parents house on the news last night (plum right?), like two hours after I posted in this thread perviously. I didn’t expect that much damage, catastrophic loss. I can’t imagine wha that must feel like…hell I get pissed when the vending machine takes my quarters…let alone takes all my life’s belongings.

glad they are ok

x2

Pewter & I was in the Area last night and drove by around 7pm and was in shock at the damage…:eek3:

Make sure u give us a call Tod if u need anything this weekend buddy

Where your parents on the 5pm news today giving out a award ?

Do your parents live off of 19 Tod?

Yep. The State Police recognized the two gentlemen who helped my parents out of their burning home. One was a childhood friend of mine who lived across the street, & the other was an off duty State Trooper.

19 is nowhere near Plum. They lived off of 286.

BTW, here is a pic of my dad’s '64 GTO, after it was pulled from the house. Before the fire, this was a nice car that needed very little work. It was not a convertible. :frowning:

That damn near brought a tear to my eyes.

Ouch.

My condolences to your parents-- I’m glad they made it out of the house safely.

x23546789976543