Lights Not Working HELP

Heres the prob…

I did the ML320 sidemarker conversion 4-5 months ago, and today noticed the right side marker blinking, thought maybe it was loose connections or the LED was dieing so I took it out…checked the connections and upon checkin the wires, saw a big spark with the wires, then after that, none of my front/rear sidemarkers turn on anymore, my turn signals dont turn on anymore when the headlights are on but they still work when u are signaling and my tailights are not turning on anymore cept signaling and when braking…the brake light works…the taillights turn on when ur headlights are on…

I checked the fuses and only the sidemarker fuse blew so I replaced that but still none of the lights work…

Any help??

How about the relays in those black boxes under the hood? See if those went.

Or one of the fuses in the driver side kicl panel.

I checked the driver side kick panel and replaced the sidemarker fuse, but havent checked the black box under the hood yet…I’ll check that out…

Checked the drivers side kick panel and replaced the blown taillight fuse, then checked the fusible links box…all the fuses are fine…then today I re-check the fuses and the one I replaced is blown again…

So I have no clue where to look to fix this problem…any help?

If it sparked, there is a huge change that some of the wiring insulation has been burnt off and is shorting against the body. The wire isn’t that heavy duty.

If you have a digital voltmeter, check the continuity on the wire (ie voltage going to the bulb, or check the resistance of the wire)

Worse comes to worse, replace the wire :slight_smile: