"Like" / "Thank" Button on Posts?

I’ve noticed on a few other forums I’m on that they have a “like” or “thank” button in the bottom right corner of the the posts. You can “thank” a person for a post and it shows who thanked the person for the post.

I thought this may be a good/fun feature to add. Sometimes you get that one post in a thread and everyone loves it. This would be a cool way to show it.

Like this:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/Motocrossx23/Untitled_zpsff0efe6a.png

lol we had this before

POSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What do you think this is, Facebook or something!!! :slight_smile:

It would at least cut down on some of the worthless “lol” or similar posts.

^That’s exactly what it does. There’s less clutter in threads with people who only came in to make a comment.

I would also like karma back. But we can’t have that obviously lol.

I’m a big fan of the “like” button on other forums I’m on…

instead of adding this post, I could’ve just “liked” the first post to show I was on-board :wink:

:like:

Like. Awaiting Josh’s response.

If this happened…1qikz & gv1390 would not be able to build their posts scores.

LMFAO

lol

^+1

^ lol

BUMP?

How about a dislike button?

GV*

“post scores” can suck it, I could care less.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Ha, I bet this would be used frequently.

Sorry, been busy and away from the Internets.

Depends on how it’s implemented. Are we talking Facebook connect or a vB mod? And it needs to distinguish itself from karma. I’ve seen several forums where all the likes do is add to a total under a username a-la-karma making it useless because people just “like” junk posts.

Posting “thanks” instead of clicking a button also keeps a thread alive and ultimately gets it more views because it stays active.

Like.

no he said dislike.