Limewire Sues the RIAA

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34640

http://www.ilrweb.com/viewILRPDF.asp?filename=arista_limewire_060925answercounterclaim

GO LIMEWIRE!

it’s about time…

but what give anyone the right to even listen to a song in the first place anymore??

O M G :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :tup:

TEE-FUCKING UP.

About time someone realized that the RIAA doesn’t make laws, as much as they think they can.

LOL… It’s our right to help people trade copyrighted material on the internet for free. I mean, come on guys, lets be reasonable here. Limewire, just like the other peer to peer networks, moves almost entirely copyrighted material. No one is on there swapping public use MP3’s that they can just get from any website.

As much as I’m not a fan of the gestapo tactics of the RIAA, I don’t see the countersuit going anywhere.

well here is my simplified view on it…

most artists these days dont make music/albums that are worth buying the whole thing. You will get one, maybe two tracks that are worthwhile. Why should someone pay $15-20 for shitty music?

Now on the same level I have downloaded some artists singles and in turn bought their CD because I liked what I heard

Regardless of what Limewire does, whether it be illegal or not, the RIAA has been taking innocent people to the cleaners on little or not basis. Since the stage for this is a bit more complex than real life, it’s going to take a bit more effort to find the real guilty people. The RIAA is violating people’s rights by this cavalier attitude of “prosecute and ask questions later”. Even if nothing comes of this lawsuit, I still think it shows that people are not going to lie down to these fuckers.

IMO all music should be free at low quality (maybe mono).

If you like what you hear then pay to see the artist in concert, pay for album art, posters, and T-shirts. There was a brief time where buying CDs was a fun experience, remember that cool folder that came with “Ten”. Or when they (PJ) released a CD in a cardboard box.

Look at all the visual art that is free on the net. Do they want to charge to see pictures of the Mona Lisa?

When I started reading the stories about the kids who can’t afford to go to college anymore because they got fingered by the RIAA and had to pay damages beyond what they could afford I lost all respect for the recording industry. I haven’t bought a CD in 5 years.

A slap on the wrist is justifiable. Ruining a kids future in order to make an example out of them hurts all of us.